Tamiya Jaguar XJR9-LM

dr_gn

A simply stunning build. :worthy:

Really enjoyed watching this one. B)

Whatcha got planned next then?.

Thanks !

Next up probably an AT-AT rebuild, maybe respraying my ruined S2000, but then either the Top Studio McLaren MP4/4, or more likely the Wingnut Wings SE5a.

Cheers.

Superb! Absolutely stunning!

How did you do the white lines on the windscreen - couldn't see anything in the build thread - sorry if it's already in there!

cheers

Rick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Superb! Absolutely stunning!

How did you do the white lines on the windscreen - couldn't see anything in the build thread - sorry if it's already in there!

cheers

Rick

Thanks guys.

Spad - sorry for the late reply I only just looked at the thread again: The lines are actually silver, I think they are windscreen demister wires. I tried painting clear decal paper silver, then cutting into strips and applying to the inside of the screen. It looked great, but I couldn't keep the decals in a straight line. They were so thin that they ended up with a kink or bend somewhere. I even tried wetting them and nudging them with a piece of straight edged paper - no luck. A border of carrier film would have helped, but then it would have been visible. Also tried chopping them rather than slicing the strips to avoid curling; better, but still not perfect. Also tried Bare metal foil - same problem with kinking.

I ended up carefully masking and hand painting with Citadel mirthyl silver. They look OK, but were very tricky to do.

Cheers.

ETA The model won second prize in "vehicles" at the IPMS Huddersfield model show last month.

Edited by dr_gn

Flippin' 'eck, the winner must have been good to beat your Jag!

K

It was OK ;-)

It was my first show. I entered 4 models, won first in 1:32 aircraft, 2nd in 1/144 aircraft, 2nd in 1/72 modded aircraft and 2nd in vehicles. I honestly think (in my biased opinion) the Jag should have won first, and that my winning 1:32 aircraft should really have come second in it's class. So overall I'm certainly not complaining! I wish I had a photo of the winning vehicle model, IIRC it was an old Alfa Romeo - a very nicely built and finished model, but a less complicated subject to detail than the Jag.

Cheers.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...