This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Finemolds 1-72 X-wing

Great start on the R2 Unit and pilot.
  3. Airfix, The Golden Years Group Build.

Copper finish? I thought cars in that era only came in various shades of brown.
  4. Black primer and Akan you have done a great job excellent work
  5. Good job, I like it, love Airfix's Hurricane kit.
  6. Road to Berlin 2

Hi Jim and thank you very much for your very kind comments. Kind regards, Stix
  7. Dornier Do 18-D

I just inhaled me warm milk and nutmeg reading that. My mother once got presented to the Duke of Edinburgh at some Variety Club do she'd blagged into. Her comment on the encounter: 'His shoes were in an awful state...' Noblesse dis-oblige I guess you'd call it...
  8. Thats because I wasn't bidding haha
  9. P-43A Lancers, Kunming, China - June 1942 in colour

very interesting pic! I remember a pic of a P 43 in england whith a Malcom hood used for recce, but I am not sure...
  10. Yep it was,It actually went for less than I was expecting.
  11. 80's Front Line Asia, we are 30!!

Thanks modelling minion,whats happens now.
  12. I have it. As the solvent in the Future evaporates it must cool the plastic enough for the moisture trapped in the cockpit to condense on the inside of the window, then as it returns to room temperature it evaporates and clears up
  13. Hawker Typhoon Mk. 1B

Must say I do like your tiffie, nice job on a great kit, it looks the business!
  14. I'm happy to join this forum!

Hello Marc ... welcome to Britmodeller from america i build mostly WW2 and Cold war aircraft. Your English seems pretty good to me. Your post seemed very clear to me. English is a lot better than my French would be. Dennis
  15. Meng 1/35 Bradley M2/M3 BUSK III

Just got a look at your tracks... they look a little tight, but I think running 80/82 will be way too loose, I wouldn’t worry about it too much because once the side skirts go on they’ll be hard (as in flip the model over to see) to see. The difference in the dismount hatch is actually a different between variants. The kit is an M2 which is the Infantry Fighting Vehicle (more dismount seating, less ammo capacity) which is designed for carrying troops into battle and providing fire support. My photos (and my service) are M3 Cavalry Fighting Vehicle which is basically the same thing, except built around a reconnaissance mission, so less dismount seating, significantly larger ammunition capacity. Since you’ve decided to honor me with the build, I’m willing to overlook the variant difference. I’m taking lots of notes from your build for when I get the courage to build my own (probably in a few years). If you manage the make a stencil or decals of the skull I would GLADLY pay for it. The skull is the logo for Crazyhorse Troop 3/7 Cavalry which was unfortunately disbanded in early 2015 as part of the Army drawdown. During the invasion (2003) they were painted on the front (like the photo) during my time (2009-2015) we painted them on the bustle rack right behind the TOW launcher with TC and Gunner names on the TOW launcher, and track name centered across the back (mine was CRUSHKILL, hence the screen name). We call the skull the Nowatay Skull (supposedly “Nowatay” is Lakota Sioux for “it’s a good day to die” which is from a longer phrase “It’s a good day to fight, it’s a good day to die”). Nowatay was the Troop motto and both the word and the skull managed to find themselves spray painted all over Iraq, Afghanistan and anywhere else a Crazy Trooper has been. My wife even has the decal (her choice) on her car! As as far ammo cans, LiveResin makes some good ones but I wouldn’t worry too much about them, you’ve got just as much chance of seeing them as not. I personally never mounted them there (with the exception of my pyro can). I messed around with aluminum foil this afternoon and I think it would be a perfect way to do the tarp, I’ll take some photos and show you the folding process we use (I’m fairly certain it’s Army standard, I remember learning it in basic training). The A/C units are a deployment modification that get put on and taken off overseas, so a lot of my photos the track doesn’t have it installed, and all the combat photos I have, you can’t see them, feel free to install, we sure loved them! The identification panels (CIP) came with the tracks but they have to be removed to put on the reactive armor and we never bothered replacing them in Iraq (no need when only friendly forces were in armored vehicles and the enemy doesn’t have thermal or night vision). The sensor your talking about is an anti-IED device, in my photos we only had one antenna, as the two antenna system had yet to be applied to Bradley’s (we had it in some trucks, not all). The two antenna system is accurate for a vehicle though if you’re building a 3rd ID Vehicle, stick with the 1 antenna. Keep bringing up questions, it’s fun to help, as the Bradley seems to be as unloved in the modeling world as much as it is in the real world. Also, please if I point out an inaccuracy or inconsistency it is only for your knowledge, not a mark against your skill or buildin choices, I would rather you enjoy the build and create something great than be too worried about perfection in accuracy. I’m not a river counter, I don’t expect you to be one either, your work is great and it’s fun to watch!
  16. Ignore

17. Hasegawa B5N2 in 1:48 scale

Coming along very nicely indeed. Good job on the repair. As you said earlier there really is a lot of wing area on the Kate isn't there.
  18. Until very recently I didn't even own a single Star Wars kit - pretty much for the same reason that I don't own any German Armour kits, so many people build them that I don't feel the urge to join in... until now that is. I picked this up on eBay a few weeks ago and when it arrived I thought it looked very nice so since we are doing "Anniversaries" as our Telford theme, what better way to commemorate the 40th Anniversary than to take the plunge and build some Star Wars! So lets start with this... Nice decal sheel - I love that they give you clean and damaged versions of the markings Japanese instructions... oookay... English ones! Construction is fairly strightforward so it didn't take long (ie pretty much a single evening) to get to this stage The R2 unit and the detail strip behidn the pilot is nice and paints up very well I have begin painting and will be doing some paint chipping effects, so more on this later...
  19. Nice Mustang, good to see a B, well done you.
  20. Some 1/1 modelling! A-10

I asked if we were going to pre-shade it. We decided on getting a water bomber to fly over loaded with some Flory wash.
  21. Ignore

Oh really, It explain pretty well ! Now I know the way I became a bad boy ! ! Sincerely. CC
  22. Ignore

Right, that's it. I'm ignoring the lot of you. This started as a perfectly good post about ignoring, but now it is just getting silly. On with the next post
  23. Some 1/1 modelling! A-10

Is that real ?? I don,t see any panel lines ?? Looks like one of those replica things like James May made
  24. 1/48 Stuka recommendation

DDELK: I think the newer issue of the kit which is the R2 will be applicable... Have a look here... hope this link works https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/junkers-ju87b-2-r-2-stuka-1-72.html It even has the snake motifs that you want
  25. Short 184 at RNAS Newlyn.1916-18

Rob, the one I've got is:- 'Royal Air Force, the aircraft in service since 1918' , Michael turner, Temple Press ISBN 0-600-34933-0. Foreword by Raymond Baxter.
  1. Load more activity