All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Congratulations. I'm not a civvie airliner fan but the rock subject grabbed my attention. You did a lot of work to wrestle this into shape. I like the use of cocktail sticks for temp u/c struts. I never add the u/c until the end. The end result is amazing! Colin
  3. I'd be surprised if they weren't puttied & sanded; the "big thing" about the P-51 wing frm Day 1 was its laminar flow characteristics, so the smoother the better.
  4. Having received the Eduard's Royal Class box of the P-51B, I was asking myself if the B wings were treated the same way as the D were. Puttied and smooth surfaces. TIA for your answers.Cheers.
  5. I think I may have to go a little outside the box, found this image and think I may add the hexagonal upper structure:
  6. Beautiful job CC. So good in fact it sounds like it wanted be a Star in its own movie.... wait for it....Gone with the Wind.
  7. I'm building a COD Gannet (Mk4) from the Airfix 48th kit. My question is, was the second cockpit fully fitted as the front on, ie, full instrumentation and controls. I have two sets of the Eduard cockpit detail sets to fit then both out, should that be necessary. Pilots notes might show this up but I don't have assess to one. Just in case, I have asked the question over on the 849 NAS FB page. Thanks in advance. Colin
  8. Being aviation, there no doubt is such a thing. I'm looking for dimensions basically, like for cars, there is DIN, 2DIN etc. Is there such a thing for aviation, and what is it called?
  9. I’m just starting this from the stash. 2 queries. 1. The overall colour will be Gunship Gray. It’s as close a match as I can see from various photos on the net and seems oft recommended on here for modern French a/c tho not, so far as I can see, the Alpha Jet. (I had assumed Mirage blue was correct until I saw the photos). Does anyone have any strong evidence against Gunship Gray? 2. I assume the -E was unarmed for most of its service life. It’s even hard to find pictures of it with fuel tanks. Further,the gun pod in the kit seems to be the Mauser rather than the DEFRA . Again, have I got this wrong or were they often carrying ordnance? TIA
  10. VP-30, keep troubling us please. I know that you have a lot of knowledge on subjects like these, including vehicles. Without knowledgeable people, like you and dcrfan I would be permantly in the dark about these subjects. cheers, Mike
  11. Ok Back to it the wasp is doing my nut ,so on further investigation the hangar was in a bit more decay than I thought So I stripped it , And started rebuild at least I have all the moulds still that I made I just hope the silicone will give me a couple of new parts before they fall to bits . I stripped and masked up so I could repaint the dark admiralty grey decks I had to go buy more paint as the oil based enamel had gone so used Dulux Aqua enamel thinners =water !! brilliant went through a Badger 200 IL tip no worries at all. here I had to re build the boilers down take as it just crumbled and then a bit of sanding of dry joints a few broken parts then the supports under the GWX 20 was so brittle I touched they disappeared so replaced them took out all the railings will re do new then it took all day to mask up for the light weather works after that was all taped up and drying moved up a bit to the bow and replaced parts broken or missing still got to do some rope reels but they can wait till later again just parts perish and need to remake this is the first dry run with the mast just to make sure all is good with wires and fit to new panels and deck mmmm bit of work to do so It seems its like a big airfix kit now just make the part and get it glued on ok more to come
  12. Well its arrived, the aml it has the front part of the canopy framing moulded in with the bottom framing moulded to the fuselage so needed a bit cut off the frong kit and as I'm a wally I first cut the dashboard bit of so that's some extra work, and it will need a lot of clear glue but otherwise it fits
  13. Changes in weights (fuel tankage) and that 'Spiteful' tall, which included larger horizontal tall surfaces would have changed the balance of aerodynamic forces across the airframe - what one does at one end, impacts what goes on at the other. I am sure I have read something about the impact of the Spiteful tail, but can't find it. Sorry.
  14. Thanks Cliff! Talking of filler, I've build the engine pods for the VC10 and they will need some too.. Here are both models, with filler lavishly slavered over the many blemishes: Another sanding session beckons but each one is improving things noticeably.
  15. Ooooh! I do like the 'quilting on the wings and the fabric effect on the fuselage. If the Fleet Air Arm had some, I might be tempted to build one! Painting coming along very nicely. Colin
  16. I think that they all need a gearbox between the low crankshaft at the bottom of the V and the higher propshaft/thrust line, but I'm not sure of the details. The contra-props would certainly need a more involved gearbox, but I don't think that's relevant to this discussion. The 20series Spitfires all had a taller undercarriage to cope with the bigger prop than the Mk.XIV: raising the thrustline as well would seem an extra. Maybe it was needed?
  17. RUSH..... 2112 and Grace Under Pressure. Not a single duff track on either album, in my (very) humble opinion. Classic stuff. Chris.
  18. Sorry Tony you are right we should be discussing the tailplanes alone, I was only pontificating a dose of unobtainable perfection for a tail unit. My only intention at present is going to be to get tailplanes which tally up, anything else is up to whoever wants to go one step beyond. NOT intended to put pressure on TeeELL productions, sorry if I clumsily sounded that daft.
  19. Hi Miguel !!! You caught me. 😂 Thanks !! Andrés.
  20. Hi Miguel !!! Thank you very much for your kind words. Abrazotes. Andrés-
  21. The 22/24 and Seafire 46/7 are airframewise very similar to my understanding, and the 47 would require a gearbox I think - could that have any meaning in this discussion?
  22. Nice one Hans, great embellishments in the cockpit and turret, good job!
  23. It was worth the effort and looks stunning in that livery, but since reading your account of the build I've decided to sell the one that is in my stash! Life's too short and I have the Zvezda kit waiting to be built too - I'll concentrate on that one instead...😉
  1. Load more activity