This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Oh my word Phoenix - you've excelled yourself! Those last two photo updates are breathtaking examples of the craft. The rigging on that boom looks so impressive, knowing how much patience that must have required. You have to be feeling a bit chuffed at how that's looking now? Tony
  3. Stix, so much stuff I learned from people on the forum here... Without the internet and smart folks here, this would not be possible. And Ron Lebert from Canada, a wise man and exceptional modeller.
  4. Airfix Hurricane

5. 1/4 scale GPMG SF 7.62mm Pewter Gun Kit

What a wonderful SF Gimpy,.......love it,..... the detail is spot on,.....from the sight to the mud on the tripod,..... brings back memories and looks good enough to fire,...... I had sacking wrapped around the tripod to save my shoulders!! Brilliant, Cheers Tony
  6. Airfix Hurricane

Oh well back to dreaming!
  7. Takom Tiger II Cutaway

Agreed, looks superb!
  8. Thanks for the support Tell you what though, masking the bay will be a tricky proposition, my normal method of shoving bluetack into it will wreck havoc on the little fiddly bits inside. Potentially I can use the gear bay doors fixed in place with strategically placed bits of tape. The only issue is that Tamiya kits are intended to be displayed gear down so the fit isn't always the best. It's one thing Airfix does quite well I feel (by providing a 'closed' set of gear doors). I'll have to test this out.
  9. Thanks foc pictutes and brief history! There is also the A-5 modification that is still in service in China, Sudan, an orabably more!
  10. Thanks for the good news Andrey, I'm looking forward to both the kit and your decals.
  11. That's an excellent model especially considering crudeness of the original kit! And this is something I have to add at some point to my Vietnam war collection...
  12. Memorial Day at the Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery

Funny how the weather at Henri-Chapelle can change in a couple of hours. One moment it appears as if the Angel of Peace is hovering : A couple of hours later, a heavenly light is shining on these hallowed grounds : After all these months I'm still deeply humbled to be standing on the shoulders of giants. Sincerely Pascal
  13. Only if wearing a lime-green cravat and drinking advocaat with your little finger raised whilst saying it. Barking it gutturally whilst running your hand over your stubble and exhaling a Gauloise is perfectly OK.
  14. Airfix Hurricane

Like this one ? https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/airfix-hurricane-mki-172-model-kit/22506554?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh5uo5r3V1wIVyw0rCh1CewGnEAQYAiABEgJMZ_D_BwE Yea.....nah....deffo restock;
  15. Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

Hi all well I couldn't resist putting together what I have so far. This thing is huge. This is a 1/6 bike with a similar size engine. And it's heavy.
  16. Airfix Hurricane

the Airfix link shows the fabric wing Mk.I, I'd be very surprised to a new tool Hurricane anytime soon from Airfix.
  17. FOUR culture's sake (or, here we go again!)

sensitive virgin nostrils of
  18. Zvezda catalog 2018

YaK-9 is a clear omission from the range. But there's YaK-3 in snap-together kits section. It's like adding Spitfire Mk.V when Spitfire Mk.XI is already there. Does not add to kids market. Way more logical to add Lavochkin and Il-2 to snap-together series. Also YaK-3 has been always considered as an ultimate and 'true' Yakovlev even though it was much less numerous compared to YaK-9.
  19. FOUR culture's sake (or, here we go again!)

play havoc with the
  20. HMS Belfast 1/350

Great build! Looking really sharp! You mentioned there were issues with this kit? I'm very keen on getting this kit, so what are the most obvious bad points to watch out for? (The better prepared I am when it comes to building Trumpeter ships the better. Their Warspite had quite a few errors too).
  21. FOUR culture's sake (or, here we go again!)

a.k.a. Porridgitis which can
  22. P-51 landing gear

Very interesting. Thanks to all for your help.
  23. IAI Nesher help reference needs

That's highly unlikely. Libyan-Egyptian war started on 20th july 1977. Egyptians applied then the triangles to their Mirage 5SDE as the Libyans operated different marks of Mirage 5. Camp David agreements between Israel and Egypt were signed a year latter in 1978.
  24. I found 10 minutes epoxy glue the best for cementing lead bobs in model. Hardering of epoxy is a chemical induced polimerization and esulting polymer is very stable and chemically resistent. The CA glue is not chemicaly neutral and can react with bare lead. The putty is the most bad option since it get fix due to evaporation of organic solvent. If you close the volume the evaporation is very slow due to saturation of vapours inside closed space of float - since there is no way for vapours to escape from this closed space. The solvent vapurs attacks styren and makes it soft. The putty is not hardering as well. Akterate the white liquid wood cements are good , since the polimerization goes there by water eveporation. And water does not attack styrene. However the space cannot be closed to enable vaporization of water. So it is not suitable inside float or it is suitable but one have to wait with glueing floats together. Cheers J-W
  1. Load more activity