Doyusha 1/100 scale

Barrovian

Found a model shop that is selling a lot of these Doyusha 747's and 707's, are they any good?

Is the Airfix/Heller 1/72 Concorde worth getting?

Thanks in advance

The 747 is quite good and is based on the same prototype as the Revell 1/144 scale 747-100: the most faithful short-hump 747 out there. The upper deck hump is too low by about 1.5-2mm, though (as in the Revell kit where, due to scale, the difference is just over 1mm). Has a full interior included so you can use it as structural strengthening (not a bad idea as the kit is large!) or chuck in the spares box.

The 707 is superb and is reckoned as one of the two best kits of the subject alongside the Heller/Airfix 1/72 scale one. Has an additional set of clear engines and a clear flightdeck canopy. This is a 'sleeper' kit, so even if you don't need it, get one 'coz supplies are getting really low and you can always flog it on Evil Bay.

In my opinion the Airfix/Heller Concorde is so dreadful and its errors are so huge, you're better off scratchbuilding it.

Edited by skippiebg

Found a model shop that is selling a lot of these Doyusha 747's and 707's, are they any good?

Is the Airfix/Heller 1/72 Concorde worth getting?

Thanks in advance

I've been looking for a Doyusha 707 - any chance you could say what model shop it is?

Thanks

Keef

The Doyusha 707 is *the* best 707 kit ever, by far. It's *way* superior to the very mediocre Heller 1/72 kit. The Nitto/Entex/Doyusha 747, 767, L-1011, and DC-10 are all quite good. Their narrow body types, for some reason (other than the 707) are pretty awful. They all have serious shape issues, especially the 727. I'd stay away from them, but the wide bodies are all nice.

As for the Airfix Concorde, it's definitely the best 1/72 Concorde kit we're ever likely to see, but it has a lot of very serious problems. True, it looks like a Concorde a lot (if you squint your eyes especially), but there has been plenty of discussion on the net regarding its myriad problem areas. In short, Airfix missed a very big boat with that one.

J

The Doyusha 707 is *the* best 707 kit ever, by far. It's *way* superior to the very mediocre Heller 1/72 kit. The Nitto/Entex/Doyusha 747, 767, L-1011, and DC-10 are all quite good. Their narrow body types, for some reason (other than the 707) are pretty awful. They all have serious shape issues, especially the 727. I'd stay away from them, but the wide bodies are all nice.

Speaking of the 707, does anyone have plans to make decals out of your Saudi Royal Flight (new scheme) 707 artwork that you did many years ago?