Did you noticed that on Eduard's webpage?

Antoine

Excellent, glad to see less common subjects being tackled. The fact it's part of my favourite theme is, of course, a bonus :thumbsup:

*EDIT* Had a look through the Eduard website and noticed the 48th Spitfire 22/24 is coming out again in March. Seems British subjects are becoming fashionable at last.

Edited by Col.

That Eduard has turned into a smashing range and outlet. I remember when they first come out with a few PE and resin bits. I thought they were mad, trying to come on the scene from their little backwards corner of the world...East Europe where-sis? Since then I've learned more and they seem to have already knew it -

Low overhead, quality products and dedication to purpose are a good formula for success.

Does anybody know anything of them, and the people behind the business? I think it would make a fascinating study...

Edited by dahut

Hmmmmmmmm gotta say I am getting a tad weary of the Eduard reboxings with a sheet or two of their PE in the box and jacking the price up 25% over the original. Not that I dont applaud them for their efforts I just wish they would concentrate more on their new stuff than reboxing everyones old stuff :)

I want the Hellcats, Mig-21s and of course the Phantoms!!

Mike

Hmmmmmmmm gotta say I am getting a tad weary of the Eduard reboxings with a sheet or two of their PE in the box and jacking the price up 25% over the original. Not that I dont applaud them for their efforts I just wish they would concentrate more on their new stuff than reboxing everyones old stuff :)

I want the Hellcats, Mig-21s and of course the Phantoms!!

Mike

On the other hand Mike - it must be a relatively easy way to create revenue for them ( no tooling costs for the kit, they already do the PE and masks, and they make their own decals anyway). And all that revenue can be put straight into the tooling for their own new releases too. :)

So perhaps thats the reason they do it? - as well as giving the modeller a 1 pot buy of course !!

Cheers

JonKT

As far as I know it's a reboxing of the MPM kit

The MPM kit was a Mk 1 and from the photo you can see the additional sprue for the Mk II, looks cool.

I started the MPM offering last week, with the eduard internal/external photo etch. Great kit so far, the only downfall are the instructions are very vague and no colour references for the inside.

I have heard rumors that this kit actually originated with Eduard as a sub-contracted deal. It is good that there are some extras with it, as the interior is about as basic and primitive as it can be. Even though it has inappropriate panel lines down the side, it does build into a decent model. The price does seem to be inline with recent limited run releases, especially as it does have the Eduard photo-etch and expanded decal markings.

Edited by RelativeBrit

Hmmmmmmmm gotta say I am getting a tad weary of the Eduard reboxings with a sheet or two of their PE in the box and jacking the price up 25% over the original.

According to the Hannants site, they'll sell you the MPM Fulmar for £24.99, while the Eduard kit is listed at £23.99.

Edited by XV107

According to the Hannants site, they'll sell you the MPM Fulmar for £24.99, while the Eduard kit is listed at £23.99.

WOW!! I am glad to see that!! And adding onto the Eduard and MPM/Special Hobby/Azur thing, those guys are all good friends and work a lot together. I helped both Jiri from MPM and Vladimir from Eduard with all of their stuff at the IPMS Phoenix 2004 Nationals and they are great friends and say they work together more than most people may thing.

I have the MK.1 kit, guess I need Eduards MK.II now. Cheers XV107!!

Mike

I did a review for SAMI on the Mk I and had a great time with the kit, the points to watch for are the lack of an air intake inside the radiator bath( I used a scrap Hurricane part), the hole in the wing where the landing light interior should be and the fitting of the undernose parts it looks all wrong until you slide the radiator on then it looks pretty darn good.

At £23, 99 the Mk II is a steal with the extras which would have cost at least another £10.

Enjoy. :thumbsup2: