Corgi Halifax

Test Graham

Has anyone had a good look at these? I saw the box for the Mk.II, but it looked horribly like the awful Matchbox kit, with over-thick propellors and a mis-shapen nose. I'd appreciate comments from anyone with a more thorough view.

The photos on the trade fair posting are of the Hercules variant, and look rather better, although the nose seems to droop too much and neither view shows whether the cockpit asymmetry has been captured.

I know I could make all these Halifaxes. However the work required, especially for the early variants, is exhaustive and I suspect I don't have enough years left! £80 is rather a lot, but I might buy the right Halifax should it appear....but not if isn't at least as accurate as I can make it.

Shame it isn't 1/144. A Halton to go with the York would be a definite buy.

Consensus on the various diecast forums is that the Corgi Halifaxes are pretty good shapewise. Some discussion about the height of the mid-upper turret on their first Halifax (not the two pictured on here), but other than that pretty good...

Has anyone had a good look at these? I saw the box for the Mk.II, but it looked horribly like the awful Matchbox kit, with over-thick propellors and a mis-shapen nose. I'd appreciate comments from anyone with a more thorough view.

The photos on the trade fair posting are of the Hercules variant, and look rather better, although the nose seems to droop too much and neither view shows whether the cockpit asymmetry has been captured.

I know I could make all these Halifaxes. However the work required, especially for the early variants, is exhaustive and I suspect I don't have enough years left! £80 is rather a lot, but I might buy the right Halifax should it appear....but not if isn't at least as accurate as I can make it.

Shame it isn't 1/144. A Halton to go with the York would be a definite buy.

Atlas editions do avery nice die cast Halifax 111 that could be converted to a Halton. They often come up on e-bay at about £25. :thumbsup2:

regards

David

Atlas editions do avery nice die cast Halifax 111 that could be converted to a Halton. They often come up on e-bay at about £25. :thumbsup2:

regards

David

In 144 I should add

I haven't been able to find a site selling Atlas Editions, but did find negative comments about their kits, in general. It would be interesting to see the Halifax, but I'm not sure I'm up to converting it. I can do that already with the resin Airspede one.

Whilst looking, I found other views of the Corgi Halifax, which confirmed my doubts. I am assuming that these are showing the actual model, not an artistic impression. However, the Hercules variants do seem to have the asymmetric canopy, but I'm still uncertain about the droop on the nose. Even more difficult to put right than the same thing in plastic.