Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
Mike

Setting the standards

32 posts in this topic

I thought it time for a reminder of the expected level of conduct here at Britmodeller. Here are a few dos & don'ts.

Do

• Respect your fellow forum members. If a post has a comedy element that may be misconstrued, we're not short of smileys to assist in clarifying your point.
  • Consider whether if someone posted that to you, would you be upset? If the answer is yes, then don't post it.
  • Enjoy the forums in a relaxed manner. It's our hobby... let's have fun with it.
  • Post constructive criticism if someone asks for comments. Word it carefully & make it friendly. People can be inadvertently hurt by clumsily worded critiques.
  • Make new members and novice modellers especially welcome. We're not into cliques here, and everyone's work deserves attention.
  • Bear in mind that ANYONE in the world with a PC can read your post, and our hobby is a fairly small community and you've a fair chance of meeting people you post about either online or at a show sometime.
  • Read the don'ts

Don't

• Post something you know, or suspect will upset another forum member.
  • Post any pictures that show any of the naughty bits (male or female), or just expose FAR too much flesh on a mixed forum.
  • Use the nasty profanities (and you all know which ones they are) in the forum. Some of our members are youngish, and we don't want anyone viewing the forums from work to be pulled up by the IT police.
  • Seek out arguments, or ride your hobby horse every chance you get. That's trolling, and frowned upon here.
  • Post political stuff. It's God-awful boring as well as a good way to start an argument.
  • Suck up to me or any of the other admins. If our work sucks... tell us. But do it nicely!
  • Be condescending when you are disagreeing with someone. It'll wind them up & the thread will go south pretty quickly.
  • Derail threads that are important to the original posters with chatter. if you've got nothing much to add to the thread, just slope off quietly.
  • Forget to read the Remembers.

Remember

• Some subjects just shouldn't be targeted for jokes, as they're just not acceptable in an open forum, with such a disparate group of members. Things like racist comments should be left off the forums.
  • You're here by the consent of the administrators, who own & pay for the upkeep of this site from their pockets. 3 warnings & it's bye-bye. If you misbehave big-time, it could even be bye-bye time after one hit. If you get banned, it's just tough. No-one to blame but yourself.
  • Making models of any type is a hobby. That's supposed to be a reliever of stress, and a source of enjoyment. Treat it as such.
  • We are here for every standard of modeller. Whether you're a master, or a beginner, you're welcome here.
  • People are entitled to differing views, hopes, goals, aspirations and needs than yours. Respect this fact.

Can we all redouble our efforts to adhere to these maxims, as I'm really really tired of people getting into skirmishes all the time.

Thanks,

Mike.

Oh, and as tempting as it might be to take some or all of these bullet points out of context with their headings.... I'm way ahead of you, as I saw Miss Piggy turn the washing machine on while Kermit had his head in it... behave! :fuhrer:

2 people like this

If I may:

• If you get a PM from someone that asks for an answer, please give it. If you don't have an answer, tell those who PM'ed you.

:viking:

1 person likes this

Here, here!

All the good work that Mike, John and Nige have put into this site, I for one would hate to see it go down the drain.

Thgis is the best modelling forum, lets keep civil, keep a sense of humour and keep the site!

1 person likes this

That's trolling, ( now that could be misconstrued)..................

Oh, and as tempting as it might be to take some or all of these bullet points out of context with their headings.... I'm way ahead of you, as I saw Miss Piggy turn the washing machine on while Kermit had his head in it!

:shrug:

Ok, for the benefit of Ed, who obviously missed that episode:

Kermit is trying to fix the broken washing machine, and has his head in it. Miss Piggy walks in and he shouts "Don't turn the washing machine on". She replies "Don't what?", to which he foolishly retorts "turn the washing machine on". Cue Kermit's legs spinning round in the open door & guffaws of canned laughter from the studio audience.

Happy now? :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

Can I suggest that we have a rule against using text language? I find it annoying, and a bit scruffy, reading sentence's where half the words are spelt like 'u' and '4'.

:tumble:

Don't worry your pretty little head over it... :rolleyes:

Can I suggest that we have a rule against using text language? I find it annoying, and a bit scruffy, reading sentence's where half the words are spelt like 'u' and '4'.

No way m8 txt iz great! :tease:

What about pole dancing. Can we have a bit of pole dancing?

[*]Derail threads that are important to the original posters with chatter. if you've got nothing much to add to the thread, just slope off quietly.

Thanks,

Mike.

Thread jacking seems to be an acceptable norm here by some folk ( you know who you are or do i need to name and shame you! ) which is really annoying and uneccessary.

If you wanna jack off, create your own thread.

Got it?

Edited by model_madness

I agree with all the above statments and i would like to apologise if any of my writtings and wording offending anyone. My excuse is that i think i Greek and translate in English!

I have no intention to offent anyone!!!!!

:fraidnot:

Keep up the great work!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa................and if you don't know the answer or you cannot do something just say I DON't KNOW or I CAN'T DO IT, is better than trying to make excuses later!!!

Fine words. As the saying goes, if you can't think of anything nice to say about someone then say nothing.

Fine words. As the saying goes, if you can't think of anything nice to say about someone then say nothing.

Good point Graham

As such I've just added the following as my personal statement, just to remind me.

"If you plant poison ivy, don't expect to pick strawberry's"

Good point Graham

As such I've just added the following as my personal statement, just to remind me.

"If you plant poison ivy, don't expect to pick strawberry's"

Who's poison IvY?

I agree with all the above statments and i would like to apologise if any of my writtings and wording offending anyone. My excuse is that i think i Greek and translate in English!

I have no intention to offent anyone!!!!!

I am only here to offend everyone, but somehow all my mistake intentions are lost in translation. :poo:

*sigh*

I am only here to offend everyone, but somehow all my mistake intentions are lost in translation. :poo:

*sigh*

:lol:

And don't tell me, they couldn't get sharks with frikkin' lasers on them either? ;)

Am I still allowed to talk jibber?

Or do I have to be a goody gum drops?

Bobby Bum Drops

You can babble on like the proverbial babbling you-know-what, but in the silly threads, not the sensible ones ;)

You can babble on like the proverbial babbling you-know-what, but in the silly threads, not the sensible ones ;)

Ok,

That makes sense.

I hope I haven't babbled in sensible ones in the past, my mistake if I have...

Bobby Babble

You babble away Bobsie me ol' darlin', if you were to talk sensibly we would never understand you. :rofl:

Pete von Gettingcoatandheadingfordoor

Good luck finding a sensible thread to not babble in Bob, didn't realise we did those round here :shrug: