Fine Molds 1/48 Kawasaki KI 10

Nico Teunissen

I mentioned on an other thread my current build, namely Fine Molds 1/48 scale Kawasaki KI 10 Perry. I am not that much into Japanese aircraft (anymore), but really liked this little biplane. I also decided to do a series of last fighting biplanes. So, an Avia B534, Fiat CR 42 and some more are likely to follow. (not within a fortnight, but in the years to come). Doing biplanes and rigging is of course no problem to me.

Today I made some pictures and as can be seen the kit is as good as finished:

HPIM1107.jpg

For colors I used a misture of Humbrol Sky (90) grey (64) and white (34). I painted the whole machine. Simply do not have an airbrush, and it's unlikely I will ever get one.

HPIM1109.jpg

HPIM1110.jpg

For anyone who wants to do an easy biplane, or a first biplane build, I really really can recommend this very delightful kit. All parts fit very easy. It was fun to build. For the instructions you mostly have to rely on the drawings cause almost everything is in Japanese. Luckily color references are in English.

Greetings, Nico

Hi Nico - thats looking very nice.

I have this model on the go too, and I agree its a beautiful kit.

Quick question for you - what are you using for rigging? Mines at the ready to paint stage, and I've pre-drilled all the rigging holes, but am wondering on whats best to use for the rigging itself?

Great minds must think a like too :hypnotised:

I have the Avia B235, the Cr42 and the Roden Gladiator all waiting for a "last of the two winged warriors" series.

Please post some pics of the finished model too.

Cheers

JonKT

Hello,

For rigging I use `Knitting in Elastic´. This stuff can be boughthere:

http://www.stitch1knit1.com/acatalog/goldz...nd_crochet.html

It sticks very easy with superglue. I sometimes do not even drill a hole, but stick it on it's place with a wet cocktail stick.

Cheers, Nico

Hello,

For rigging I use `Knitting in Elastic´. This stuff can be boughthere:

http://www.stitch1knit1.com/acatalog/goldz...nd_crochet.html

It sticks very easy with superglue. I sometimes do not even drill a hole, but stick it on it's place with a wet cocktail stick.

Cheers, Nico

Have to agree with Nico,

This stuff is great for rigging and also for aerial cable.

Nice price, too!

Cheers,

Bob

Well,

It's more or less finished. I took some pic's last evening, but I hope to be able to make some better ones this weekend during daylight.

HPIM1126.jpg

HPIM1127.jpg

HPIM1128.jpg

It was a very straightforward build, no problems engaged. Easiest biplane I built since a long time.

Cheers, Nico