Ok what's the best Lancaster kit?

Rabspat

I am curious, has anyone checked the Matchbox Lanc for it's "accuracy"? I've been told it comes with the bulged bomb bay doors, something that Airfix and Hasegawa do not give us.

I'd like to hear from someone who has this kit and see how it compares. Thanks!

I am curious, has anyone checked the Matchbox Lanc for it's "accuracy"? I've been told it comes with the bulged bomb bay doors, something that Airfix and Hasegawa do not give us.

I'd like to hear from someone who has this kit and see how it compares. Thanks!

panel lines are really recessed deep.

can't display it with the bomb doors open as there is no bomb bay inside, no tallboy bomb in kit.

nose fairing is wrong slopes down too much ! and is also seperate.

H2S blister is moulded in one colour this is BAD ! rear section was always clear so you could see i-dent lights.

only paddle blade props supplied.

upper fairing is seperate to the fuselage, so this can be put on after the fuselage has been put together.

you do get a nice decal sheet though three different versions...... WS * J , ZN * A , A66-1.

still one of my fav' made three of these ! this is also the best one to use if you want to make a lancastrian.

oh nearly forgot you have to do a bit of work to bring the cockpit up to scratch and the pilots seat is totally wrong.

ian.

Edited by Ian Lanc

panel lines are really recessed deep.

can't display it with the bomb doors open as there is no bomb bay inside, no tallboy bomb in kit.

nose fairing is wrong slopes down too much ! and is also seperate.

H2S blister is moulded in one colour this is BAD ! rear section was always clear so you could see i-dent lights.

only paddle blade props supplied.

upper fairing is seperate to the fuselage, so this can be put on after the fuselage has been put together.

you do get a nice decal sheet though three different versions...... WS * J , ZN * A , A66-1.

still one of my fav' made three of these ! this is also the best one to use if you want to make a lancastrian.

oh nearly forgot you have to do a bit of work to bring the cockpit up to scratch and the pilots seat is totally wrong.

ian.

And the engine cowlings are not too hot either Ian.(Eh :blink: hot engine cowlings?)

Mark