Merlin Helicopter Cutaway

regulus

I visited Yeovilton in 2003 and noticed a nice tabloid sized illustration (11x17) posted near the archive/administration area. I was told it was taken from a promotional magazine published the year before - apparently not from AI or AE. They were not for sale at the time, but was told I could contact the museum later for a copy. Jerry Shore has since retired and his replacement hasn't a clue.

Would anyone out there have a scan, or at least a link to the publication where this was featured?

Lee

I visited Yeovilton in 2003 and noticed a nice tabloid sized illustration (11x17) posted near the archive/administration area. I was told it was taken from a promotional magazine published the year before - apparently not from AI or AE. They were not for sale at the time, but was told I could contact the museum later for a copy. Jerry Shore has since retired and his replacement hasn't a clue.

Would anyone out there have a scan, or at least a link to the publication where this was featured?

Lee

Lee,

Fairly sure that you are talking about one produced by Navy News (http://www.navynews.co.uk/cutaways/index.asp). It was a double spread pullout inside the paper some years ago and is available to view (but in a small size) and order (full size) via their website. (along with one of a SHAR, a Buccaneere and a Swordfish!)

A word of warning though; these types of mass market cutaways are seldom 100% correct - lots of artistic licence !

If you are looking for accurate details of the Merlin interior, try Agusta Westland's own site - couldn't point you straight at it, but one of their sales brochures has alternative interior layouts - used it as the reference for my Cormorant's interior.

FredT