Jaguar A

hatchet

I've been gathering up parts here and there, so I will see if I can get a Jaguar A done before the deadline. If I get it done, it has the added bonus of annoying keef and Mike tease.gif

Sorry guys, just messin' wit' ya :D

So, with massive help from Andrew, including a single-seat Italeri fuselage and Hasegawa 'A' nosetip, an Italeri 'E' I just bought today and a lot of putty I presume, I hope to get a Daguet or similar Jaguar A done, armed with a Phimat chaff pod, AS-30L missile, ATLIS II targeting pod, gasbag and Barem/Baracuda/Barax/whatever ECM pod. I'll see if I can somehow gather some decals for it too.

Let's see how it goes.

BTW, I will submit a few pictures to see if it is eligible or too far along.

:viking:

If you need some French decals, just let me know, as I don't think I'll do a French jaguar.

Never say never, but...

Got the haseg decal sheet, the italeri E, and the international jag from model alliance.

;)

Edited by Antoine

If you need some French decals, just let me know, as I don't think I'll do a French jaguar.

Never say never, but...

Got the haseg decal sheet, the italeri E, and the international jag from model alliance.

;)

Thanks Antoine, I might just take you up on that!

Here's the startup pics:

The items

JaguarA001.jpg

Sorry for the blur, apparently it needed flash. Italeri E kit, Italeri GR.1 fuselage, Hasegawa A nose and some other choice parts.

The fuselage

JaguarA002.jpg

Again, sorry for the blur.

Decided to make reasonably certain it would be elligible

JaguarA003.jpg

This time with flash! I wonder what glue Andrew is using, it's quite porous. The rest of the build, save for the nose tip, will be the Italeri E.

I might have also an old Carpena sheet.

Make your choice on an aircraft (At least for the Escadre, 7e EC or 11e EC), and then let me know.

Don't forget to drop me an MP with your address.

Thank you Antoine, let me get back to you :)

Hi Martin,

Gee, some of that looks familiar! Great to see that you're already putting it to use, and indeed that it will be useful. Best of luck with your build.

I wonder what glue Andrew is using, it's quite porous.

What? You expect me to remember stuff? Actually, what do you mean by 'porous'? I think it was Tamiya liquid cement (the standard product, not the ultra-thin style), but it's going back a ways, and well....... where am I now? Why am I wearing a straitjacket?

Anyway, keep up the progress.

Andrew.

Hi Martin,

Gee, some of that looks familiar! Great to see that you're already putting it to use, and indeed that it will be useful. Best of luck with your build.

What? You expect me to remember stuff? Actually, what do you mean by 'porous'? I think it was Tamiya liquid cement (the standard product, not the ultra-thin style), but it's going back a ways, and well....... where am I now? Why am I wearing a straitjacket?

Anyway, keep up the progress.

Andrew.

It might be the fancy tan plastic then, it fairly explodes along the joins when you put a bit of pressure on it.

More done!

Fairing the DEFAs in :wacko:

JaguarA015.jpg

JaguarA016.jpg

JaguarA017.jpg

JaguarA018.jpg

JaguarA019.jpg

JaguarA020.jpg

Some work there yet.

Also attached the rear lower fuselage panel thingy

JaguarA021.jpg

JaguarA022.jpg

That'll need some work too. Notice they're marked with the positions for the chaff-buckets the RAF use. The French have the conformal Alkan dispensers, which are included in the two-seater kit and will make the job on the lower wing-fuselage join a bit easier :)

Thanks for the update, Martin.

Looks like you're trundling along nicely, despite the kit's inherent desire to be covered by putty. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Andrew.

So am I! :lol:

Whoever made the moulds for Italeri must have shares in a putty-making company :wacko:

its coming along nicely my friend!!!

But too much filler for me!!!!!!

I'm not exactly a big fan of it either Periklis! :lol:
Decals on their way, Martin.

What do you use for putty, and to apply it?

Thanks mate :worthy:

I use Tamiya putty, usually the normal one but occasionally I'll use the light-curing one. I apply it with a rose-wood stick, which I think is usually used for nail-grooming somehow, or if it's a small area I'll use a cocktail stick that has been cut at an angle.

Then, Martin, perhaps you should try to thin down it with, say, acetone, and then apply it with a (Old) brush.

Gap will be more easily covered, and you will be more precise. There will be putty only where it is needed.

Just try it.

And of course, take care not to damage the plastic, putty/acetone must be well mixed before the application.

Mr Surfacer can also be used.

;)

Then, Martin, perhaps you should try to thin down it with, say, acetone, and then apply it with a (Old) brush.

Gap will be more easily covered, and you will be more precise. There will be putty only where it is needed.

Just try it.

And of course, take care not to damage the plastic, putty/acetone must be well mixed before the application.

Mr Surfacer can also be used.

;)

I've thought of that. I've also considered Gekko_1s homemade filler. I wonder if that works with Testors needle cement :hmmm: I've also seen some Gunze Mr. Dissolved Putty or something like that. I'll see if I can't make it work like this first tho', but thanks for the tip mate!