RAF Phantom

dahut

Don't go there David - F3 - the tag that never was.

I know, I know, but it still stands in some circles. Im slowly grabbing up a photo collection of 74 Sq Spooks and on rare occasion I find one labeled that way.

The nice thing about the 74 Sq. birds was the paint scheme - grey with black tail. Cant get much simpler.

Now, to turn over the right rock and find sliders for it. Yellowhammer has a decal set that I know of and the Col. offered up a sacrifice along these lines, as well. Summat will come of it all...

Easy there, mate! Minor mistake. Now I am duly chastised, and feeling the lash.

Fair enough?

Can't help, though, if others aren't as enlightened.

And, so it goes(sigh). Just when you think you've learned a thing...

Edited by dahut

Happily there are comparitively few differences to take note of with the F-4 Phantom II, nothing like the seemingly myriad little differences with Bf-109s for example.

Well, if you include all the variants of the F-4; from the B, FGR/FG, to the G, not to mention the QF-4s, there is quite a bit of differences between the lot. I do agree though, not as much as the 109 clan.

Notably, the F-16 which I worked for quite a few years, there's even more variants than the F-4.

A great thread BTW, as I’m not as up to speed on the RAF/RN F-4s, so thanks for all the good info guys.

Mike V

Basically, the F-4K was a Spey-powered F-4J and the F-4M was a Spey-powered F-4C, so if you're brave enough to convert one, they would be your best starting point.

First I've ever heard of that. From all I've ever read, the K and the M were virtually the same airplane, with the K's avionics being optimised for fleet defense and the M for air to ground. The C and the J were vastly different airplanes.

J

First I've ever heard of that. From all I've ever read, the K and the M were virtually the same airplane, with the K's avionics being optimised for fleet defense and the M for air to ground. The C and the J were vastly different airplanes.

Agree with that also