Callin Hawker Hunter experten....

Radish

Are the uppersurface roundels really low-viz, or is it that they appear to be...although obviously a typical summer's day, ie cloudy and dull, the upper surfaces of the wing will reflect the light more.

Hiya chaps, i think the marking were in 'normal' bright colours, the seemingly lighter shade being a reflection on the upper wings

re the trails carried out, there are a couple of files in the PRO/TNA. containing RAE. reports using this aircraft and containing images of the various internal canopy shapes examined.

the aircraft underwent aquite a few colour scheme changes, from camouflage, to white overall, white with red? trim, then overall roundel blue ...

hoping this helps, cheers, joe

As for all-white Hunters, didn't they paint one up for filming The Right Stuff?

Yes they did. It was an ex-Danish F.51 and was used to represent the Douglas D-558 Skyrocket.

Clicky here

Looks nothing like a D-558 of course, but there you go.

Edited by StephenMG

Hiya chaps, i think the marking were in 'normal' bright colours, the seemingly lighter shade being a reflection on the upper wings

hoping this helps, cheers, joe

Rats!! I believe Joe's right - look at the FD2 next to it in that brilliant pic, it displays the same effect. And I was really beginning to fancy building a white Hunter with two different colour roundels on it..... :(

Keef