Not my time to do a Jaguar?

wingslinger

A while ago I posted about how hard it is to find models of the Jaguar...

I did, however, manage to find the GR3 on eBay... I bought it... that was back in December. The seller and I are still trying to figure out where it is...

Yesterday I noticed an Airfix gift set of a Tornado AND the Jaguar in 1/48... I put it on my watch list. I checked this morning and it was still there... I was getting eager. Sometime before it came I got involved in some work stuff and when I looked up I'd missed it...

Maybe I'm just not destined to do a Jag... saw one in my local store the other day too... the Revell 1/72 version.... bah...

M

Have a go at something else until the Airfix kit turns-up again, as it surely will! Or even better, just wait until somebody produces something better than the Airfix kit - hopefully someone will sooner or later. Not heard anything about the rumoured Trumpeter 32nd kit for ages (and it's not mentioned in the 2008-9 lists) so I guess even if they are tackling it, then it's not for a long time, but with Trumpeter you never know. Maybe Hobbyboss will do a 48th kit - wouldn't be surprised.

I saw that thread yesterday - sounds very encouraging. Dunno why they've opeted to do the Lightning F6 again (like GP did) - you'd think the F1/3 kit would have been a better bet - way more many colourful options. Oh well, either way it'll be nice to see the Jag and Lightning treated to some nice "add-ons".

Yeah M

Now all you have to decide is which one camo, pink, grey, rasberry ripple or Cat etc

Look at using Paragon bits to enhance and MA decals as well .

BTW dont forget to fill in the aux intake doors on hte side Airfix moulded them in the 'engines running' mode

Not good for a static model!

HTH

A

Now all you have to decide is which one camo, pink, grey, rasberry ripple or Cat etc

I was thinking of that... the Airfix is a GR3, but reading up the Desert Storm machines were all GR1's.... but I can't really see that there was any structural changes, only avionics.... which I'm guessing could affect some of the bits hanging off the airframe, right?

I'd like to make a desert storm model... as I have a Buccaneer on the bench right now that's all desert pink..

Thanks for any info

Martin

Martin

If you haven't seen this site before? Than go to it, it is THE ref site for the Jag and the photo sections will help alot.

As you say there is not a lot realy diff externally between the Gr1/3. Airfix originally released the kit as a GR1a anyway!

Main change they did was add the Gulf fit items inc o/wing missile rails.

HTH

Adrian

http://sepecat.info/b/