Oh no, not more AW101's!

ooh, very shiney! good work on the markings. are you fitting all of the DIRCM/ECM etc....?

No DIRCOM, just disspensers to go. It will be matted down by the way, only gloss now for decalling!

Dave

nice one as usual Dave. whats going on with the blades? do my eyes decieve me or is that a bit of soft edged 2-toning? bling! :)

LOL, nah just the light!

lol, fair enough. i cant blame them for changing the finish. the tips errode so much in the desert. we used to spray them with black aerosols every 10 hours along with the tail blades

Are the bearings on the TR pitch links still made from italian cheese ?

Yours truly found that ! Along with the cracking interconsol brackets.

the intercostals seem pretty good lately, its an sti to check them. i think the mk1s have the most problems with them.

the TR pitch link bearings are a mixture of metal and ceramic now, with lots of egg-shelling on the ceramics!

Been busy tonight!

2.jpg

1-added vents from card

2-filled fuel vents

3-extended body-work

4-filled door (this one doesn't have one!)

5-filed off inflation bags

6-filed off steps (again not fitted on real a/c)

7-added larger window

8-added 'lump'

9-filled window (different position on this one)

10-filed off steps

windows configerations still being worked on.

Dave

Model Alliance do the Danish Merlins and the correct Canadian markings as supplied by the CAF. (Italeri decals are pre production).

Next UK Air Arm update will include RAF Merlins including the new markings and one with nose art!

Model Alliance do the Danish Merlins
Apparently not very good :(
Just don't use the Model Alliance decals for the Danish one! They are completely wrong. :(
What's the problem with them Jens?
Just about everything. Codes are not entirely correct, roundels are way off dimensionally and the stencils for the tail boom is incorrect (it reads "FARE AVLE LYS" - it should read "FARE - PAS PÃ…"). The 722 sqn badge look fairly correct but it is made up of three parts! Also, most stencils are missing. It would be better to get the sqn badge from elsewhere and then paint or make the other markings yourself! :who-let-rip:

:viking: