Oh no, not more AW101's!

ooh, that looks very nice. wont look so good once hydraulic oil starts leaking down the side though!

Jens, whats the black strip that runs down aft of the door and ends just aft of the re-fuel point? ours dont have that

I believe it is a wire for manual release of the dinghy. :)

Regards,

I think we have a special life raft too. It's not exactly small so it takes some persuasion to get in there. :who-let-rip:

Ahh, the Westland courses... I remember the thick and soft, but rather good, pizzas... One week of apple pie and custard every night - needless to say I gained a few pounds during my stay in Yeovil. :shithappens:

I do remember a few things from the actual course too btw. ;)

Regards,

I think we have a special life raft too. It's not exactly small so it takes some persuasion to get in there. :who-let-rip:

Ahh, the Westland courses... I remember the thick and soft, but rather good, pizzas... One week of apple pie and custard every night - needless to say I gained a few pounds during my stay in Yeovil. :shithappens:

I do remember a few things from the actual course too btw. ;)

Regards,

what hotel did you stay in Jens? i was in the Globetrotters. great little pub. there was a Danish course running when i was there (November-December 2006) and like us, they became big fans of the 'all you can eat' chinese restaurant in Yeovil!

Edited by paul_c

what hotel did you stay in Jens? i was in the Globe. great little pub. there was a Danish course running when i was there (November-December 2006) and like us, they became big fans of the 'all you can eat' chinese restaurant in Yeovil!

The Manor - both times. It was a nice hotel in its own way, but it did remind me of Faulty Towers though. :D

The last time I was in Yeovil was in April 2005, but I think you might have met some of my ex-colleagues from 722 Sqn.

Regards,

The Manor - both times. It was a nice hotel in its own way, but it did remind me of Faulty Towers though. :D

The last time I was in Yeovil was in April 2005, but I think you might have met some of my ex-colleagues from 722 Sqn.

Regards,

more than likely!

two of the sargents on my course were in the Manor. one of them had the 'Westlands suite' with a 4-poster bed!

Fair bit done today, noses added & generally sorting joins..........

10.jpg

9.jpg

Hope this is still of interest? As can be seen so far, the RAF MK3a is straight forward to do, just need references which theres plenty of out there.

Dave

Nice progress Dave! :D

If you are looking for anything particular details on the 3a, let me know. If it's an original detail chances are that I have pictures of it. ;)

Regards,

atleast the paint colour will be easier on this one Jens, the Danish colour was a nightmare to do!

Dave

atleast the paint colour will be easier on this one Jens, the Danish colour was a nightmare to do!

Dave

I believe you! Capturing the golden metallic green rough finish must be difficult! :who-let-rip:

Why are the Mk. 3As repainted anyway?

Regards,

Dave,

I could understand that if they had gone through deep maintenance including stripping the airframe, but it's not like the ones you got were really old or used. Oh, and you can easily identify them on their noses as well. :)

Regards,

i was quite disapointed that they decided to get rid of the metallic finish. we had one in that finish land on at MDMF a few months ago. it looked stunning. its probably been repainted now and is covered in oil stains.....