Oh no, not more AW101's!

yeah, it does look odd. very clean though. i see it has tail fold but as it has the larger tension link fairings, i take it it has no auto blade fold? listen to me, i sound like a proper Merlin spotter!

Latest up-date........

5.jpg

1-larger door scribed

2-new windows

3-brackets fitted

4-extra window 'installed'

5-foot plate added (as far as i know only on this side on 'Danish' a/c due to winch on other side)

6-bulge added

7-foot holds filed down

8-larger window 'installed'

Now starting on the interior, which will be sparce as i'm not bothering with detail!

Dave

Coming along nicely!

Colour schemes? TV02 in primer or delivery green with the thunderbird style '2' on the side?

Interesting to here of the RAF logo on the 70Sqdn a/c. It is not present on the aircraft at the factory.

Having spent all that time making the Danish nose I suppose I ought to get on a make a Danish SAR and a Mk3a - this year?

So many models and so little energy after a hard day at the computer!

cheers

Grant

Coming along nicely!

Colour schemes? TV02 in primer or delivery green with the thunderbird style '2' on the side?

Interesting to here of the RAF logo on the 70Sqdn a/c. It is not present on the aircraft at the factory.

Having spent all that time making the Danish nose I suppose I ought to get on a make a Danish SAR and a Mk3a - this year?

So many models and so little energy after a hard day at the computer!

cheers

Grant

LOL!! it's 78 sqdn & the RAF logo is new'ish on them. As i can'y get a photo of TV02 painted green, mine will be in primer.

You get my e-mail by the way?

Dave

Just don't use the Model Alliance decals for the Danish one! They are completely wrong. :(

Regards,

Dave, i should be able to get some pics this week. the hulk of ZJ118 ('B', 28sqn's second aircraft) is in my hangar at the mo for storage after returning from the paint shop. it hasn't got a tail pylon but has the new corporate logos and a 78sqn badge below the P2 window. im on keys this week so pics shouldn't be a problem

Great thanks Paul. entlim, i'm aware of the TV situation ta! I live in Yeovil where they're built, just have'nt photo's in their green colours (yet!!) You in the USA?

Dave

What's the problem with them Jens?

:viking:

Just about everything. Codes are not entirely correct, roundels are way off dimensionally and the stencils for the tail boom is incorrect (it reads "FARE AVLE LYS" - it should read "FARE - PAS PÃ…"). The 722 sqn badge look fairly correct but it is made up of three parts! Also, most stencils are missing. It would be better to get the sqn badge from elsewhere and then paint or make the other markings yourself! :who-let-rip:

Btw, two of our overall green ex-TTT EH101s have now been painted with the flourescent yellow areas. The colour is brighter and glossier than on the other airframes. :D

Regards,

Just about everything. Codes are not entirely correct, roundels are way off dimensionally and the stencils for the tail boom is incorrect (it reads "FARE AVLE LYS" - it should read "FARE - PAS PÃ…"). The 722 sqn badge look fairly correct but it is made up of three parts! Also, most stencils are missing. It would be better to get the sqn badge from elsewhere and then paint or make the other markings yourself! :who-let-rip:

Btw, two of our overall green ex-TTT EH101s have now been painted with the flourescent yellow areas. The colour is brighter and glossier than on the other airframes. :D

Regards,

pics, pics,pics!!!

PLEASE!

(it reads "FARE AVLE LYS" - it should read "FARE - PAS PÃ…")
Close, innit :wacko: It actually translates into English, if you're not too big on grammar - danger breeds light. Sounds a bit new-age to me :lol: But how the hell did they get AVLE LYS from PAS PÃ… :banghead:

:viking:

Edited by hatchet

pics, pics,pics!!!

PLEASE!

This is all I can show at the moment. I will have to get permission to post a couple of overall shots.

You can clearly see the differences between the two versions of the yellow colour, the one on the door being the original and dirty version.

M-514_7213jj.jpg

Regards,

ooh, that looks very nice. wont look so good once hydraulic oil starts leaking down the side though!

Jens, whats the black strip that runs down aft of the door and ends just aft of the re-fuel point? ours dont have that