Tamiya official response to the canopy problem

Mr Tamiya says

"1: the thickness of the clear part is the least thick for the plastic material and can not be any more thin. In the process of molding the clear part, the plastic material does not go through the mold thoroughly (but enough to make a form) and because of that, this scar will be produced. This is not actually a scar or scratch but the trace of plastic material flowing into the mold when in the liquid form. Imagine two currencies of water go meet in the middle of the river and make a line in the middle, and then those go frozen immediately to ice, then you will see the line in the middle.

2: They actually tried to overcome this flaw in the development stage, by making a protruding point at the both end of the parts so that more plastic go flow into, but this innovation did not work well enough to solve the problem.

3: The only way to solve this problem is use compound to wipe it out.

4: In conclusion, TAMIYA acknowledged this is not a production faulty."

So pick the bones out of that.

Hmmmm, so how come Mr Hasegawa doesn't have this issue ?

Not that I see this as a big deal anyway, a bit of spit and polish and a smoke tint, sorted.

:)

Hmmmm, so how come Mr Hasegawa doesn't have this issue ?

Not that I see this as a big deal anyway, a bit of spit and polish and a smoke tint, sorted.

:)

To be honest I never noticed in the first place. I polished out the centre seam and mush have taken it out then. :rolleyes:

Guest Hunter

Interesting, was planning to start my F-16 today, so have just taken out the clear and tinted canopies out of the plastic bags for a look, they do have this scar or scratch on both of mine, also the expected centre line seam I knew I'd have to get rid of, so long as it polishes out I don't see what the fuss is about?

I actually emailed Jay from Master Casters on Friday asking for the correct sanding sticks or sponges to remove a canopy centre seam, just hope they can remove this blemish (or whatever it is as well) as well.

Incidentally, Jay is away from home until tomorrow, should hear back from him then.