Peter Lockhart has passed away

I just learned that Peter Lockhart passed away during December, not sure if this has been mentioned elseshere. He should be remembered for his contributions to SAM back in the 80's, along with the Maintrack Modelshop and pioneering vacform and resin kits and accessories. Brings back many fond memories, always looked out for his stand at Southern Expo and Telford. What a shame.

Colin

I just learned that Peter Lockhart passed away during December, not sure if this has been mentioned elseshere. He should be remembered for his contributions to SAM back in the 80's, along with the Maintrack Modelshop and pioneering vacform and resin kits and accessories. Brings back many fond memories, always looked out for his stand at Southern Expo and Telford. What a shame.

Colin

Yes, I heard this a week or so ago - very sad.

I remember the adverts for Maintrack Models down the years.

It goes to show that behind all this plastic and painting stuff are real people. There are good ones, like Peter, and the sometimes not so grand ones, like Dave Klaus. But taken collectively, this hobby is really about people, our fellow man. Which is why we're here, I'm certain.

To his family, condolences. May he rest in peace and God be with him.

Peter was one of life's gentlemen - I'll take a little time to recount some help he gave me.

A friend gave me a 1/72 Airwaves VC-10 vacform, he'd cut the parts off the sheet and in so doing lost half an engine moulding. I mentioned this in passing to Peter at a show, he brightly said someone had started one at the shop and given up. If the parts were there he'd send on to me. A week later a small packet arrived with a full set of 4 engine mouldings with his compliments. I finished the VC-10 K2 many years ago and whenever I get it out for the very occasional show I recall with warmth Peters help.

Sadly missed - don't know how old he was, but not that old.

• 4 weeks later...

A man thant wil be missed by us fellow modellers alike.

I often used to call in his shop in Hastings when I lived down that way.

as many have have said a Gentleman and always ready to help.

RIP Peter and condolences to his Wife and Daughter.

Adrian