1/48 Aeroclub Hunter F.6

OzH

I was lucky enough to get a Dynavector Scimitar for Christmas, (well, by get, I mean I bought and gave my wife the kit, she wrapped it and put it under the tree!). I’m sure your all aware that it’s a relatively expensive kit and as I have never attempted a vac formed kit before I though I’d have a practice else where.

I have only just started to get interested in early jets, always been a prop man before, and the Hunter has been on the interest list since the start. I came across this kit on ebay for a snip, so bought it and have been building it on and off for about a month now.

I have to say, this isn’t as hard as I expected! The most challenging part is understanding the instructions, a bit vague. Other than that loads of filing and test fitting otherwise no real test of modelling skills.

Here’s pic of progress so far, let me know what you think.

hawk.jpg

Also, does anyone know what this part is? It was in the bag of metal parts, all the rest I’ve managed to identify, but this is a mystery, to me anyway!

hawkbit.jpg

Edited by OzH

That's a nice build of a vacformed HAWK you're doing there Oz :hmmm:

Told you there wasn't much to vacforms, didn't I? ;)

The Scimitar's a nice kit too, and my build is coming along (I really must post some more pics). The biggest bugbear for me has been the front/rear fuselage join, which has taken some eradication. Other than that, it's been a good build :)

Yeah nice Hunter spelt HAWK :D

See, I was confused. He said HAWK, but he's building a HUNTER... thanks for that clarification.

See, I was confused. He said HAWK, but he's building a HUNTER... thanks for that clarification.

Doh, I was thinking of a Hawk when I was typing...

Sorry for the confusion..

Edited now...

Its the column behind the seat....the round curved bit fits at the top

Yep thats it.. Just tried it and it fits like a glove

Thanks, More black to paint now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...