RIAT 2008

Robert

I would love to go but I don't think I can even justify £30 on an 'early bird' ticket.

That would be £90 for Bex, Heidi and me to go plus fuel. Nah too rich for my taste.

:ditto: and thats if Heidi's not workin, plus Sammy might :shit: himself, and he gets bloody stupid when hes tired :banghead:

Bex

If you're coming from Letchlade (i.e. the M40 route) yes, you park in the fields opposite the base then walk to the entrance. Can't speak for the other routes I'm afraid.

Yep, the Lechlade end involves queuing up on the road outside (on foot) to get through security and then a longish walk (15-20 mins) to get to the start of the show ground (but you do get to walk right past part of the flight line).

Last year I was at the Western end on Departures day and was chatting to the gatekeeper while waiting for the base to open up. He suggested that at that end you actually park on part of the hardstanding, but as I've not been to that end on a show day I can't confirm that's the case. I do know that the entrance is down a single track road and someone wanting to come the other way could ruin a lot of peoples day I'd imagine.

Re the day specific tickets, I'll be interested to see what happens. As I go both days it doesn't really affect me, but I can appreciate the annoyance to those who understandably pick the best day of the two. If I was doing just the one I think I'd wait and pay the extra as the additional cost would be better than a soaking.

Steve.

Well if you have to carry all ya gear around all day, that and the price kills it totally for me. I need a quad bike and trailer to carry all my gear.

It's really not that far from the carpark to being on the airfield though. There's not really a large airshow where you can be by your motor and still be relatively close to the action.