B2 Stealth Bomber

Gents,

In the middle of the build and need some advice Testors 1:72 B2 the ridge line at the rear of the intakes looking at the photos should i continue to sand or fill to keep level. I am inclined to fill but with what? Also the wing joins to a lesser extent they have CA from the inside with the outside the line is evident

your help and advice is always appreciated

regards Tam

Picture088.jpg

Picture089.jpg

CopyofPicture093.jpg

If I was doing that, I'd do both... fill AND sand, so you get as level a transition as possible. I'd also reinforce the joins behind with some styrene strip, as they may crack while you're working on it. I now see why people berate the fit of this kit! :lol:

Hello,

Just what Mike said, plus you may want to use Tamiya (or any other) two component expoxy : dry rock hard, can be sanded flush, won't retract on drying so it will ensure a nice smooth surface.

Another option, still Tamiya, is their Light Currying putty, but you need a sunny day or a good UV source. As well doesn't retract and ryies rock hard.

HTH,

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Well the advice was used and today i have been mainly filling and sanding, What a kit,

but it can be done and with the add on's that are available can even win trophies. have a quick look at this use the veiw finder loverly build.

2006 IPMS USA Nationals

Beyond my skill level maybe one day :hypnotised: . mine will be OOB and in flight mode.

regards

Tam

Well the advice was used and today i have been mainly filling and sanding, What a kit,

but it can be done and with the add on's that are available can even win trophies. have a quick look at this use the veiw finder loverly build.

2006 IPMS USA Nationals

Beyond my skill level maybe one day :hypnotised: . mine will be OOB and in flight mode.

regards

Tam

Tam

That kit won best of show at the IPMS Nationals in 2006!! The Testors kit is a total dog but I have seen at least two built up nicely. I understand that there are shape issues with the intakes and exhaust troughs. I will see if my partner can chime in here.

Nice start so far BTW

Mike

gents and ladies,

well i sanded i filled and i used primer to see the flaws the areas that have been done should i fill and sand Again do you think? or will the paint hide some. Also the canopy i kleared it then masked and painted it, my first attempt at this method on a model of any sort. should i fit and fill or mask up again then fit fill and spray in situ.

Just a foot note i have been trying new ideas and skills from the site, on the builds i have been doing and getting more involved each time thus the questions.

canopy fit???

B2024.jpg

lines are still there but faint will a darker gray show them less??

B2004.jpg

B2002.jpg

Big Beasty

B2009.jpg

David,

Its the testors kit, the first one I have built a question, are they all like that fit wise or just the B2? I do have the revell B1 and B52H in the stash US heavy bomber phase the lad loves the big planes. The next build will be something decidedley British me thinks with some add on's I hope but could use advice from the site on a good kit from a good company.

Regards

Tam