OOPS!

entlim

Seen this before, but it's an amazing story... I wonder what happened to the pilot of the A-4 that fireballed (probably due to the stressed of converting from a Hun in mid air :hmmm: )?

Seen this before, but it's an amazing story... I wonder what happened to the pilot of the A-4 that fireballed (probably due to the stressed of converting from a Hun in mid air :hmmm: )?

Good to see the history are as accurate as ever!! ;p Definitely the pilot had some skills to bring that crippled plane back to base though :worthy:

I see three very obvious things here:

1. An excellent Aircraft

2. An Outstanding Pilot

3. Devine Intervention (what else)

Aint no way had any of the above been absent, would that bird have made it back!!!!

Edited by Angels49

The F-15D that was damaged in the incident was #957 'Sky Blazer'. The accident happened on May 1st 1985. On October 1st, 1985 #957 participated in the strike on PLO HQ in Tunis, although presumably she was either the one who had a malfunction in the GBU-15 prior to launch, or the one whose bomb failed to guide, as she doesn't wear the Tunis raid kill-marking. Today she is the worlds highest scoring F-15 with 4½ kills (2 MiG-21s, 2 MiG-23s and 1 MiG-23 shared with F-15C #840 'Commando').

:viking: