• Spitfire : P-47
    • Muller : Zeke
    • Kiwi Steve : Beaufighter
    • Spitfire : Spitfire
    • OZH : Spitfire
    • desmojen : Spitfire

Hi all,

The groupbuild has ended.

All placed models in the gallery are in the running for "first price".

Please take a look at the gallery and cast your vote.

Feel free to give comment on why you voted the way you did.

This poll stays open for ten days.

Good luck to all builders.

Edited by Erwin

• 2 months later...

1/24th Trumpeter Hurricane IIC : "K" for Kangaroo 10 Squadron RIAF Burma 1945. (Sometimes referred to as the "Commonwelath Squadron" as it was manned by Indian, British, Canadian, New Zealand,South African and Australian air and ground crews.)

This aircraft represents the one flown by two Australian PO's , Eric Evans of Newcastle, NSW, and P/O WH (Cobber) Pye of Ultimo, NSW.

100_1580.jpg

100_1660.jpg

100_1597.jpg

Buildreport :

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8795

Edited by Erwin

Tamiya 1/72 DH Mosquito FB.VI built as RF784/UX-N of 45 Squadron RAF. This squadron was based at Jaori, Arakan, India in 1945 and operated Rhubarb patrols against Road and Rail targets during Operation Dracula, which was the retaking of Rangoon, Burma. Later Mosquito FB.VIs were painted silver dope overall to reduce the effect of high temperatures on the glue used to bond the wooden airframe. Red spinners and insignia/roundel blue theatre bands.

I dedicate my model to all of those who served in the SEAC theatre of operations.

Mossie-SEAC-5.jpg

Mossie-SEAC-4.jpg

Mossie-SEAC-3.jpg

Buildreport:

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10185

Edited by Erwin

• 2 weeks later...

Revell 1:72 Hurricane MkIIb built as BE171/YB-B flown by Sgt J.F.Barrick of 17 sqn RAF based in Burma 1942.

It was one of the few aircraft that came from North Africa and the dark earth was over painted green.

It is shown later on than 1942 when it moved from air defence to ground attack duties. ;)

PICT0126.jpg

PICT0122.jpg

PICT0130.jpg

Buildreport:

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry140784

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MPM 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk.XI ,PL776 Code Y .

681 squadron,PRU unit operating from Allipore airfield near Calcutta,India.Pilot W/Cdr F.D.Procter.Operated in SEAC 1944/45.

Badly damaged in crash landing in April 1945.Scrapped in May 1945.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Link to build.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10343

Edited by Erwin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Deciding a "winner" is always difficult as the level of skills is very high in this GB (excluiding myself :rolleyes: ).

But it's Spitfire's P-47 that did it for me.

The way he turned an old Revell mold into a Hasegawa/Trumpeter looking model is an example of very fine work.

Well done Spitfire !

Voting on this GB was a toughie.All the entries were excellent.In the end i plumped for Jim in Oz's Hurricane because i enjoyed watching this model in progress and i loved the end result. :clap2::clap2::clap2: to all.

All fantastic - great work guys. I have voted (but I am not saying for whom).

Only ONE vote?!?!?! I could have voted for most of those. The Mossie and the Beau because they are 2 of my all time favourite aircraft. All of the Hurris and the Spits and the T'bolts because they are good. The Auster and the Zeke because they are just different and beautifully executed. Well done to everyone, a tough choice. In the end I voted for..............

First off, congrats to all who finished (my entry never even got out of drydock :doh: )

Tough choice this one (isn't it always) and judging by the voting so far, this could be a close one!

Unlike a politician, I didn't vote for myself! I voted for the Auster. I love the paint job on it, plus it got damaged mid-build and OzH recovered it beautifully.

Well done to all the other builders in this GB! :goodjob: