Rennaissance Models

Mike

I've got a couple of Mirages in my stash, and a thread on ARC sparked my interest again.

RF48029_sur_kit.jpg

RF48031_train_avant.jpg

RF48029_sur_kit-2.jpg

RF48029_pieces.jpg

RF48030_pieces.jpg

Look pretty impressive, don't they? Apparently, Littlecars.com stock their range, but I can only see car related stuff on their site. I've put an email enquiry in though, but if anyone knows anything, please let me know ;)

I've got a couple of Mirages in my stash, and a thread on ARC sparked my interest again.

RF48029_sur_kit.jpg

RF48031_train_avant.jpg

RF48029_sur_kit-2.jpg

RF48029_pieces.jpg

RF48030_pieces.jpg

Look pretty impressive, don't they? Apparently, Littlecars.com stock their range, but I can only see car related stuff on their site. I've put an email enquiry in though, but if anyone knows anything, please let me know ;)

They're going to be at Perth this weekend,I'll see what I can find out as I've several Mirages in the stash.I was following Florent67's fabulous Mirage 2000D build which seems to have come to a halt.

Stephen

They're going to be at Perth this weekend,I'll see what I can find out as I've several Mirages in the stash.I was following Florent67's fabulous Mirage 2000D build which seems to have come to a halt.

Stephen

That'd be useful old son... prices, availability all that tosh would be handy... ;)

This may or may not come as a surprise to you but I have these parts :) You can order from:

http://www.lhshop.nl/ (If they are in stock)

or

http://www.modelkits.be/

The products sometimes appear under the Fabflight label too, so make sure you search for that too.

Whilst these parts are for the Heller 2000C, a lot of parts are applicable to the other Heller/Airfix kits (in fact, thinking about it, the only part that is not really generic is the Sabre ECM fairing, which would not be appropriate for a 2000 D/N (but it would be good for a B). The casting is excellent, and the detail is really good. I don't see any accuracy issues and the burner can is excellent. I do think some of the parts are a little unnecessary, such as the IFR probe and dropped flaperons, as I'd be happy to cut and use the the kit parts (I hardly see any Mirage 2000s modeled with the flaperon droop you tend to see in real life on shut down aircraft).

A lot of these parts are actually more applicable to the Italeri (Esci) kit as the resin set addresses the following problems:

-No APU exhaust duct fairings over the wing (The Heller kit does have these so it is interesting that they were included in resin!).

-Incorrectly shaped bleed air duct on the spine (Again, Heller's is better but a resin item is provided).

-Poorly shaped (too "boxy") flaperon actuator fairings.

The burner parts fit the Italeri kit (You will need to trim down a locating pin stub first) perfectly, as both kits have identical dimensions here. The only part that you cannot fit from these sets to the Italeri kit is the Sabre ECM fairing, as this is too wide. I am looking at using this set with my Italeri Mirage which is half finished and I'm sure I'll sort something out W.R.T the Sabre. The Spirale fairings from this set look like they will fit the Italeri kit, but I've not cut the plastic to prove this.

I can take some more pictures if interested. Regards,

Ed

Hello,

Renaissance is a french company, mostly invested in cars;

but Fabien, formerly from Fabflight resin cats items has been joigning the team and release a large range of aircraft related items.

They for instance did a decals sheet for the Air France connies and so on.

http://www.renaissance-models.com/

Here's their website, altuogh it's a tad messy to navigate and in french only (AFAIK)

If someone's need help with em just let me know, Fabrice is a relation and I can do the interface.

HTH

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Hello,

Renaissance is a french company, mostly invested in cars;

but Fabien, formerly from Fabflight resin cats items has been joigning the team and release a large range of aircraft related items.

They for instance did a decals sheet for the Air France connies and so on.

http://www.renaissance-models.com/

Here's their website, altuogh it's a tad messy to navigate and in french only (AFAIK)

If someone's need help with em just let me know, Fabrice is a relation and I can do the interface.

HTH

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Stef,

Interesting! This explains the relation with FabFlight nicely! I am interesting in purchasing another 2 or 3 sets for the "deux mille" so are we best to go to LHS, Domino, Kits-Discount or should we place orders more directly with Fabien? Best Regards,

Ed

Ive just got this email response from littlecars:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the enquiry. The aircraft range is new and I am stocking the

Super Constellation decals, but hte resin bits are special order until they

get established.

I'll be ordering Renaissance shortly, so if there is anything you require

please let me know and I'll dd it to the order.

Regards,

Paul

little-cars.com

Nothing on price yet though... :hmmm:

I've ordered mine via littlecars... he's about to put in an order from Rennaissance, so if you fancy a set, talk to Paul @ Littlecars, tell him Mike Williams sent you, mention britmodeler.com, and you should hopefully get them for £18.50, the same price I did.

:D

these sets appreared on Ebay recently - I was very interested so I watched them. Didnt realise they existed. Also, Florent on ARC (the guy updating the Mirage 2000D) produces his own resin update sets - has a link on his listings - French airwings I think. Good site.

these sets appreared on Ebay recently - I was very interested so I watched them. Didnt realise they existed. Also, Florent on ARC (the guy updating the Mirage 2000D) produces his own resin update sets - has a link on his listings - French airwings I think. Good site.

I think these are Florent's sets... seem to remember something about that on their site.

• 2 months later...
:yahoo: YAY! Just got an email from Paul @ Little Cars & my Rennaisance goodies are on the way ^_^

I did too. Shame I'm about to give up :)

Actually, I'll keep these bits for when I have the time to pick the hobby up again (hopefully over the winter).

Cheers,

Ed

I did too. Shame I'm about to give up :)

Actually, I'll keep these bits for when I have the time to pick the hobby up again (hopefully over the winter).

Cheers,

Ed

Told you before Ed, you're not ALLOWED to give up :P