Tammy F-16- possible to do this from the kit..?

Mentalguru

Couple of things- a) I remember now never being able to link to airliners site when at Hyperscale..weird huh?

B) the tail housing- but SURELY the Hasegawa one will fit?

c) what are those weird fins on the spine- the missile on the other wingtip i presume?

d) how do you make the pikture open up directly

e) thanks to all the thieving sweethearts who bought all the Aviano block 50 two bobs sheets from hannants :tapedshut::speak_cool:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1200...amp;photo_nr=11

As the C/D has a more rectangular crossection of the base of the fin, it should be easier to make the extension from plasticard - I'd go with 1mm on top and sides and 2 mm on the bottom. The inside corners will need to be filleted so you could use Milliput here or plastic that you then file to shape. For the brakechute, I may be able to help is you PM me your address.

Jens

The hasegawa tail would fit - but it's the wrong kind. Hasegawa's only got the tail for the A/B-model so with the C having a wider base part (before the kink) you need to fill out a bit. It's doable, definitely, but not without putty.

The pictures from Airliners net are not possible to upload directly. They've got some sort of hot-link-protection. But a link will do fine, won't it?

Here's the tail conversion in 1:72 being undertaken with the Revell kit.

haf16tail.jpg

1revellf16greektail.jpg

Of course1 Id forgotten the A/B fin was narrower- damn.

But I should think we will wait a long time for Tamiya to do a version with the different tail cone- poss 2/3 years seems the norm.

Unfortunately I can`t get to raid my 10 Hasegawa kits as they are in storage- actually I quite like cutting things about, could be easy and fun!

The tail is the biggest problem.As you say you can try to make the Hasegawa or Cutting Edge one fit.Those are the fins of the AIM-9 on the left wingtip.If you're looking for the Twobobs Aviano sheet try here http://www.aeroclub-models.com/p.html?n=27&c=TB48089

HTH

Stephen

Thanks Stephen- decals ordered- much appreciated

Rich