1:48 Kinetic E-2C Hawkeye

Evening Everybody

Finished this one a few months back, Kinetic's E-2C Hawkeye. A great kit, but not without it's problems.

The engine turbine, crew access opening and radar were scratch built. Extra detail was also added to the landing gear, wing folds and the cockpit area.

Hawkeye1.jpg

Hawkeye2.jpg

Hawkeye3.jpg

Hawkeye4.jpg

Hawkeye5.jpg

Hawkeye6.jpg

Hawkeye7.jpg

Hawkeye8.jpg

Hawkeye9.jpg

Hawkeye10.jpg

Hawkeye11.jpg

Hawkeye12.jpg

Hawkeye13.jpg

Hawkeye14.jpg

Hawkeye15.jpg

Hawkeye16.jpg

Hawkeye17.jpg

Hawkeye18.jpg

Hawkeye19.jpg

Marcus :)

Beautiful job - I can only echo the above and applaud your scratchbuild detailing techniques.

Well done that man!

Have I seen this in a mag somewhere?

cheers

Rick

I LOVE it! Such a neat, precise built and finish, including all the extra detail. Very well done. One thing always scares me though when looking at models of a folded-wing E-2: does the landing gear cope with all the weight? All the heavy bits are aft of the MLG and have to be counter-weighted...will the struts stand up to that job?

Cheers

J

Thanks guys

Jeffrey, the gear is not to bad at at, and has a good sturdy feel to it depite there being a huge amount of lead in the front.

Here's a few pics of various parts of the build, including the nose weight!

Spad, yes it was in Airfix Model World.

E-2Hawkeye38.jpg

E-2Hawkeye25.jpg

E-2Hawkeye2.jpg

E-2Hawkeye10.jpg

E-2Hawkeye12.jpg

E-2Hawkeye23.jpg

Crew entrance detail and internal lighting.

E-2Hawkeye30.jpg

E-2Hawkeye61.jpg

Engine1.jpg

Engine2.jpg

E-2Hawkeye90.jpg

Edited by Jelly

That loud crack you just heard was not some errant firework, but my jaw smacking into the ground! Someday.... someday....

I've built one OOB the box and its not a patch on this one,The extra detail is fantastic.

I think I'll delay my Tracker until you decide to build one......Greyhound on the way!

Love the colour scheme.

What did you use for the literature? Cause this is absolutely brilliant. The best hawkeye I've seen. All the scratched details, weathering, painting, shading.....inspiring! May I "steal" your photos?

Cheers, Ljubo

Thanks everybody!

Ljubo, reference used was the book below, there are some fantastic shots of every part of the aircraft.

Please help yourself to any images you need, if you need any other info, please just give me a shout.

4752666389_9398c0d088_o1.jpg