Iron Maiden

Has anybody noticed this?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1308...p;TopOfYest=yes

And more to the point - are there any decals to depict it yet?

Astraeus (there's a surprise - with Bruce Dickinson being on the payroll as a First Officer) 757-200 combi.

I've got a Minicraft 757-200 with Rolls Royce engines - waiting for this one!

Superb! I guess I'll be making a trip to Donnington sometime this summer... :D

Twickenham, July 5th is the only UK date. If you haven't got tickets yet I wouldn't hang around!

• 2 weeks later...

Will anyone be attending one of this birds flights?

I booked a "Bruce Birthday bomber" trip on 7th August to Warsaw, with overnight stay there and the next day another concert in Prague. 500gbp may sound a lot to some, but hey, it's once in a lifetime experience and to be flown with Bruce and partying with all those fans, it'll be two days to remember...!

Will anyone be attending one of this birds flights?

I booked a "Bruce Birthday bomber" trip on 7th August to Warsaw, with overnight stay there and the next day another concert in Prague. 500gbp may sound a lot to some, but hey, it's once in a lifetime experience and to be flown with Bruce and partying with all those fans, it'll be two days to remember...!

Whatever floats your boat. Sounds like a blast.

I've just been pointed in the direction of this decal set - which fits the bill.

Another project for the near future.

https://www.lycoseshop.co.uk/epages/twosixd...roducts/144-378

Received my decals today - expect to see Iron Maiden's 757 being built quite soon.

Twickenham, July 5th is the only UK date. If you haven't got tickets yet I wouldn't hang around!

I saw them in 1978, at a small club in Oxford City Centre, cover charge was 50p and the pints were 40p, needless to say I was bloto'd the next day and couldn't here nothing but ringing for 3 days. Oh, the careless days of my youth! :hypnotised:

JTy

Bruce used to fly into Freetown whilst I was out there. Nice bloke after he got over the shock of being canned off the stage by us obnoxious gits when he tried his hand at Karaoke in a local watering hole. Ended up back at our gaff after we got thrown out, with me trying to get my AK-47 back off him. Quite a surreal night and overall a nice bloke. :shithappens:

• 1 month later...

Read an article about Maiden doing a gig in India last year where they went down a storm. Last week on Radio 5 they were talking about their upcoming (second) gig over there but were obviously oblivious to the first, and some girl from some obscure pop band was saying that she didn't think "their lyrics" (if she could even quote any) "might not go down well over there".

Er...

:whistle:

One of the most amusing things in the article was Bruce talking about making Airfix kits as a kid, and then arguing with someone on a plane that the T-34 - not the Sherman - was the tank that helped to win WWII!

Edited by Jonathan Mock

• 9 months later...
Has anyone have them for sale?

Isaac

I think it was posted on ARC - These decals are no longer available, someone (the band perhaps, or at least their lawyers) asked for them to be removed from sale.

I think it was posted on ARC - These decals are no longer available, someone (the band perhaps, or at least their lawyers) asked for them to be removed from sale.

I understand that.

I'm looking for someone who's willing to sell his set.

Isaac