F-5E Chile aggressor references needed please.

goon

Hi all,

I'm doing this scheme on my AFV Club F-5E. Does anyone have any other pics of this aircraft in this scheme? I'm looking for something that might indicate whether it carries the red stripes on the under side of the wings as well.

Thanks for any help,

Gareth

808a-a.jpg

Edited by goon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gareth, I'm writing from Chile and I have some information to share with you here.

The FACH 808 used those red stripes for "aggressor" missions circa 1988.

It was a F-5E Tiger II from Aviation Group 7th in "Cerro Moreno" Chilean Air Force base (Brown Hill). Another aircrafts that used the same scheme are 805 and 811.

The red stripes are in both sides of the tail and just at the upper surface of the wing. The wing stripes have a trapezoid shape.

I made 1/72 Heller F-5E Tiger II, in fact the FACH 808 with red stripes. You can see here

I will colect some images to share here in order to help in your project. I have some images from the same session of the image that you show here, in fact the shots was taken from a Hawker Hunter.

Greetings from Chile!!!

Shocman B)

Hi Shocman, and welcome to Britmodeller.

Thank you for confirming the layout of the stripes, I look forward to seeing your pictures.

I have found your 1/72 build whilst googling for references, and made good use of the pictures in deciding how to mark my F-5

Cheers,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your words, I hope to share some of my humble models here in Britmodellers.

It's good to hear that the information was good for you.

This is the F-5E tiger II FACH 808 in the same photo secuence making a turn and showing the under side of wings.

808q.jpg

The FACH 808, have a very uncommon record, it was one of the few aircraft in the Chilean Air Force that shot down an... another F-5E Tiger II. It was in 1981 and the pilot put the switch in Gun instead Camera Gun, so during a dogfight practice the pilot pull the trigger and real ammo got fired against the another F-5E so the plane was damaged and pilot ejected, curiously the aircraft glided various kilometers before wreck.

I will made some upper view of the F-5E with the detail of the wings stripes.

Greetings from Chile!!!

Antonio Segovia

"Shocman"

• 1 month later...

Hi Gareth, my apologies for my delay to post more info.

Here I show in a simple upper view the form of the stripes.

f-5ecopy.jpg

The tail view.

f-5ecopy2.jpg

I hope these schemes will serve to clarify the locations and shapes of the stripes, in the F-5E bort number 808, because the stripes in 811 are not equal.

Merry Christmas for you and your relatives.

Greetings from Chile!!!

Antonio "Shocman" B)