Pics of Sea Hurricanes

Andrew

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding pictures of Sea Hurricanes (not CAM types) on the web, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where they might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hi Dave,

I really missed out on some detail there, didn't I? I'm not really after pics of a particular squadron as such (frankly, I wouldn't know which Squadrons flew what and when anyway, unless there's an obvious Australian link, such as 805 Sqn), but am looking more for examples of Sea Hurricanes in the time frame of post-1941/42, when a change to C-type roundels was made. The mark isn't that important either, although the period I'm looking for tends to push that towards a Mark II; as I say, it's not the mark or squadron that's important, more the timeframe. If anyone knows of a good Hurricane or Fleet Air Arm book as well which illustrates this, then fire away. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers for now,

Andrew

Hi again Dave,

Many thanks for your answer and for the offer. I'd be much obliged if you could send them; thanks also to your dad for his efforts. I'm interested in all FAA aircraft from this period onwards but the Sea Hurricane is the flavour of the month as I'm looking to complete a straightforward model, with minimal amount of extra work and detailing.

To that end, I'm also in the market for info on Royal Navy Corsairs and Hellcats, as flown in both the European and Pacific/Indian theatres. Would you be able to send anything for these as well? Again, I'm not able to nominate specific squadrons, and am starting to feel a bit sheepish for asking this much... better finish now....

Cheers and thanks again,

Andrew