1/32 Spitfire MkVb clipped-wing Canadian bird...

Jay-consider the vomit coloured back drop gone. :winkgrin:

Den-thanks for the input and if you haven't tried the Montex masks yet you really should give them a try.Not as hard to accomplish as one might think and the result is as good as it gets...cheers

I originally bought the Montex masks for my more obscure kits, I wanted alternate markings for my D520, MS406, I-16 and Mig 3, but when I saw the RAF stuff I couldn't resist ! Have to build a Spitfire just to try them out.

Cheers

Den

The thinned paint business goes like this...20% paint-80% thinner...this goes on thin as you can well imagine and leaves an uneven cover of paint over the area you want covered.I primed the model with Floquil primer which is a light gray and that goes on nice and smooth.Really impressed with that product.When the camo goes on over the lighter gray it leaves a streaky finish and covers the gray unevenly.Perfect weathering.It's the first time I've tried this technique but I'm pretty happy the look so far.I hope that explains it...cheers

Guest Alaninaustria

Hi Dave! Got the invite from Jay to drop on in, and glad I have! This Spitfire is looking great, I love the markings and the attention to detail is amazing!! The placards in the cockpit really bring out the realism!

Master work Dave! And keep those pics coming mate!

Cheers

Alan :pilot: