1/48 Chinook HC.2, Camp Bastion, Afghanistan

Hello all,

Well i'm a late starter in this GB, haven't even got my kit yet! But i'm entering a RAF MERT Chinook, Camp Bastion, Afghanistan.

Revell kit, CMK details, eduard and some scratchbuilt items will be used!

Want to build this, basically because my respect for the MERT and their crews could not be higher. Courages and perhaps unsung heroism. Undoubtably saved the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of our service men and women, and many of our allies too.

For those of you not overly familiar with the MERT, i'd recommend episode one of 'fighting on the frontline' on 4od. Also have a look at these:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/ar...rborne-A-E.html

http://ukforcesafghanistan.wordpress.com/2...onse-team-mert/

Makes you proud of what our forces do. Doing their utmost and risking their lives to get wounded comrades out. :poppy:

The kit:

IMG_0703-1.jpg

The sprues:

IMG_0704-1.jpg

The door guns and some of the kit that will go in the back:

IMG_0705-1.jpg

Have also ordered a CMK exterior set and interior parts along with an eduard set. I just hope and pray the Aviation Workshop dustbin filters will be out before the GB deadline!

More to follow.

Dave

Edited by DaveJL

Hello,

Just wanting to know if a MERT Chinook, as used in Afghanistan, would count for this GB?

Cheers

Dave

Sure would, I'd look forward to seeing that built. . .

dave good luck with this this is very close to my heart, as this was they job i used to do in the RAF (bosnia,time in sierra leone and several excersizes), i was attached to 18sqn as a medic, if there is anything i can help with please please let me know, ont the recent 4 od documentories 2 of my best friends were on it ( i joined up with them) why the f**k did i leave :angry:

i have a few photos not many i didnt get time

dave good luck with this this is very close to my heart, as this was they job i used to do in the RAF (bosnia,time in sierra leone and several excersizes), i was attached to 18sqn as a medic, if there is anything i can help with please please let me know, ont the recent 4 od documentories 2 of my best friends were on it ( i joined up with them) why the f**k did i leave :angry:

i have a few photos not many i didnt get time

Thanks Mark, and i share your passion, even though i have no experience of it. Always a pleasure to meet a veteran and someone with such experience. I want to build this as a tribute, i just hope i can do it justice.

Dave

Thanks Mark, and i share your passion, even though i have no experience of it. Always a pleasure to meet a veteran and someone with such experience. I want to build this as a tribute, i just hope i can do it justice.

Dave

as i said mate give us a shout if you need owt, i can get photos from friends if you need them and get get photos of the kit they use no probs

as i said mate give us a shout if you need owt, i can get photos from friends if you need them and get get photos of the kit they use no probs

Thanks Mark. An idea of what is in the back of the cab would be useful to see what i can make. I'm guessing there would be defibrillators, stretchers and plenty of medical bags.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks Mark. An idea of what is in the back of the cab would be useful to see what i can make. I'm guessing there would be defibrillators, stretchers and plenty of medical bags.

Thanks again,

Dave

ill find you some piccys overthe next couple of days

crashbags

oxygen bafs

pneupac

keds

propac

spinal board

drips

defib (heart start 2000)

and much much more

ill get back to you

ill find you some piccys overthe next couple of days

crashbags

oxygen bafs

pneupac

keds

propac

spinal board

drips

defib (heart start 2000)

and much much more

ill get back to you

Thanks Mark. No idea how much will be seen when it's closed up but i'll get some kit piled in.

Cheers

Dave

Want to build this, basically because my respect for the MERT and their crews could not be higher. Courages and perhaps unsung heroism. Undoubtably saved the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of our service men and women, and many of our allies too.

My son-in-law started his listed stint on IRT (as the Wokka guys tend to call it) today, so I shall be watching your build with great interest too!

Keef

My son-in-law started his listed stint on IRT (as the Wokka guys tend to call it) today, so I shall be watching your build with great interest too!

Keef

I hope he does well, my thoughts are with him and the other crews. Glad you'll be watching, i just hope i can do the thing justice!

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Mark. No idea how i'd make those things!

Dave

Thin styrene, copper wire, plastruct, masking tape, tissue paper soaked with wood glue (which is thinned with water), kitchen foil, ... Just a few ideas :whistle:

Thin styrene, copper wire, plastruct, masking tape, tissue paper soaked with wood glue (which is thinned with water), kitchen foil, ... Just a few ideas :whistle:

Had all those in mind bar the wood glue! The materials aren't my problem, is my making skills :deadhorse:

Hopefully making a start on the Chinook this week. I need some help however. Can anyone tell me the actual colour of the HC2's? I've seen some pictures where they look olive green and others with a much darker tone, olive drab perhaps?

Also any photos of the interior just so i can get an idea of colour, bits of kit, details and dirt etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Hopefully making a start on the Chinook this week. I need some help however. Can anyone tell me the actual colour of the HC2's? I've seen some pictures where they look olive green and others with a much darker tone, olive drab perhaps?

Also any photos of the interior just so i can get an idea of colour, bits of kit, details and dirt etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

PM sent.

dave thewre is a 4od dicumentory on the apache whaich also spents about half the programme in the chinook, with the mert team if you cant find it let me know and ill find it for you, it will answer all your questions

dave thewre is a 4od dicumentory on the apache whaich also spents about half the programme in the chinook, with the mert team if you cant find it let me know and ill find it for you, it will answer all your questions

Saw that Mark. 'fighting on the frontline.' It is very useful, but there aren't too many close ups of the cargo bay when it's empty.

Dave

Saw that Mark. 'fighting on the frontline.' It is very useful, but there aren't too many close ups of the cargo bay when it's empty.

Dave

i will have a look through what photos ive got