Fieseler Storch

desmojen

Hi Guys,

I have here a nice new 1/35 Fieseler Storch to build. It is in the form of a test shot so what I have is a bunch of sprues with a lot of bits. And no instructions.............. :hypnotised:

Due to the way the kit has been designed and laid out on the sprues a lot of it is fairly self explanatory, however, I could really do with some pictures of the cockpit and the engine bay just to make sure.

I have had a look through google without much luck, lots of blurry black and white exterior shots, not much else.

I'm also looking for some info regarding colour schemes and markings. I fancy doing a winter camo one, and one that has caught my eye is a hack used by the JG54 Grunherz squadron which appears to wear white distemper over its standard scheme. Can anyone point me towards some profiles or photos of this machine? (or a similar one?)

Thanks,

Jen.

Wings & Wheels Publications, Special Museum Line no.12, is the Storch in detail. If you can't get hold of one, and would like to borrow mine, let me know. You'll need to be sharp, though, because I'm away, again, tomorrow, 'til next year (and I'll probably need a reminder of the address!)

Edgar

Hi Jen

I have the WWP book for sale that Edgar mentions, without wanting to push a sale, it is just if you want one. You could drop me an email or PM, The post is the only draw back at this time of year. The total price including post wil be £10.00.

cheers Ali

Thanks Ed, I don't know why I never think of looking on Airliners :doh:

They're mostly restored aircraft but there are still one or two useful ones.

Ali, thanks for the offer mate but Edgar is lending me his and it's already on the way, otherwise I'd have taken you up on that one :)

Jen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jen,

Dunno if these piccies of rear cockpit details are of any use:

http://airwar.hihome.com/gwp/fi156/gwp-fi156-seat.jpg

http://airwar.hihome.com/gwp/fi156/gwp-fi156-backgun.jpg

In any case, it would seem that rear cockpit fittings would vary depending on the role the aircraft was being asked to fulfill - air ambulance, staff transport, AOP or whatever.

Cheers,

Leopard.

Hi Jen,

If they would be of any use I have a copy of the factory-applied splinter scheme for the Storch as well as a considerable collection of material regarding which aircraft went to which unit. With JG 54 for example, Storch aircraft would be assigned to the Geschwaderstab (Wing Staff) as well as to the individual Gruppenstab (Group Staffs) and frequently to the individual Staffeln (Squadrons).

If you decide on the white over 70/71 scheme don’t forget the yellow fuselage band and yellow-painted lower main wing tips.

Here and probably more than you wanted anyway, is a list of Storch aircraft known to have been assigned to JG 54, all are the C-3 version:

W.Nr. 5421 coded DO+AW assigned to the Gruppenstab of JG 54 at Witebsk, Russia in Sept.1943.

W.Nr. 5563 coded SB+UG assigned to the Stab of the I Gruppe at Malmi in Sept. 1942.

W.Nr. 5649 coded BG+II assigned to the Stab of the IV Gruppe at Lohnde near Hannover in Sept.1944.

W.Nr.8139 code unknown, assigned to the II. Gruppe in the Kiev area of Russia in Sept. 1943.

W.Nr. 110318 coded BL+MH assigned to the Gruppenstab at Krasny-Bor in Sept. 1943.

W.Nr. 110332 coded BL+MV assigned to the 4. Staffel at Idriza in Dec. 1943.

Hope this is of some use.

If you’d like a copy of the camo pattern, drop me a line at [email protected] and I’ll fire a scan off to you.

Cheers

Dave

Hi again Jen,

Just another bit of Storch trivia for you - if this is the Tristar kit then the code letters supplied on the decal sheet for RR+KM are in fact for W.Nr.475089 which was a later C-7 version and not an early A-0/C-1 as claimed by the kit box art/instructions.

Cheers

Dave