Anyone building

Is anyone making any progress? I'm not, I've had various things get in the way of modelling and not have I not started but I don't think I'm going to be able. a shame as I sourced the kit an a far about of resource material :(

I know a couple of other members have been in the same boat as myself and I know this was a big project but is ayone actually planning on starting/continuing/finishing? If not them maybe we should close the GB.

Your thoughts...

Sadly as you know Mish, I had 5 months off work this year with a massive chest infection and other complication, and I have only just been able to start modelling (using paint and glue) again.

The model I want to build for this is a monster 1/350, and it one I really do not want to rush, but saying that, I'm tempted to try to finish for April anyway, ie the 15th of October is 6months from the finish date?

As I said it's pointless having a GB with no or just one builders, (i'm happy to go it alone) but as we had so many people say yes, it a shame so many have not even posted an interest, let alone start. I know your also interested in me running the KUTA this year, which I'm happy to do, I have three phantoms awaiting, maybe four, lol So personally I don't want to rush my Titanic, but it would be pushing it to get it built how I want it, for April, Especially as my adventures in to etch are minimal so far, and this is just the minor selection of etch I have to add to the kit, let alone the base and the resin, electrics etc, ie I do have a plan for mine, and it not just sitting on a plastic stand, ie if I do it, it will have all the bells and whistles. But I don't want to rush it either.

398078164.jpg

Sadly the Titanic doesn't have wings, and there is a bigger interest in flying things, even from me sadly :(

I personally think we will get a lot of "oh I was going to start soon" but many have other builds on there minds over a boat/ship model. As you say it might just have started to sink and no body really noticed or bothered. if where the only three to reply in this thread over the next couple of days then maybe it shows the true interest in keeping this afloat, and so sadly folding it might be the answer.

As we have said, we really need 10 people if not 15 in a GB so far we have 4 who started a thread. ie it's not enough.

Dave

If you are down on numbers, but a few are still keen to build, how about extending to 'The History of Transatlantic Travel' GB.

I've certainly got some 'between the wars' transatlantic mail planes that I'm looking for an excuse to build. Could even include 747s and Concorde etc.

Just a thought.

Cliff

Might be worth considering an extension? :)

On a year long GB :) Very funny...

well I've had a reply from everyone in the GB now and we may well get two builds. I've not totally written off my build yet, I might be able to do the smaller of the two. We'll leave it open and see what happens.

Hi Mish,

I also have the 1/350 model but I didn't put my name down for the GB as I thought I'd be too busy to get this done in time. Seems I was right and can't foresee a slot at the moment when this may get the attention it deserves.

cheers

Mike

ok guys i got back from being on op's in june ish and was posted to RAF gibraltar in late august , just got my removals but i wasnt allowed any chemicals in it, so now i have a model but no glue or paints, i have though found a place nearby in spain, so im getting it started this weekend, hopefully pics to follow

1/350 here i come!!!!

Edited by sulky

I ordered my Titanic yesterday and should be arriving either tomorrow or the day after. I went for a rather ambitious 1/400 Academy kit with Eduard photoetch kits. I'll be starting as soon as my A380 is finished. Having an almost completely empty work roster in November will give me plenty of time to do this nicely...I might even put the leftover LEDs from the 380 to good use and light up that badboy. We'll see.