Last UK Jag flight, 20th December

DamienB

Take off from Boscombe at 10:00. Flypasts at:

Coltishall

Coningsby

Warton

...before returning to Boscombe.

Another sortie in the afternoon at 14:00 to include low level in Wales and a flypast at St. Athan before returning to Boscombe at 15:30.

Take off from Boscombe at 10:00. Flypasts at:

Coltishall

Coningsby

Warton

...before returning to Boscombe.

Another sortie in the afternoon at 14:00 to include low level in Wales and a flypast at St. Athan before returning to Boscombe at 15:30.

Damien,

If you happen to be able to take any pics, can you post them here please? Everyone who knows you, knows youre bloody good with a camera :worthy:

Bex

I hope i haven't just heard the Coningsby flypast above the unit i work in, i,m 5 miles sth east as the crow flies :(

i'd be gutted 'cos it would be worth standing out in the freezing cold to witness that.

it didn't sound like a typhoon or a tornado so i'm like....... :o at the moment !

It wasn't a great day for photos unfortunately due to a variety of factors.

"Morning" flight... yes, the vis was that bad!

jagmad137.jpg

jagmad138.jpg

Afternoon flight... sadly came back after sunset...

jagmad139.jpg

jagmad140.jpg

From Qinetiq's press release:

XX833 was flown by Sqn Ldr Andy Blythe, and accompanied by Wg Cdr Paul Shakespeare, both from the Fast Jet Test Squadron. XX833 has flown around 4700 sorties, clocked up over 5,335 flying hours with more than 7690 landings. In the 12 years of service at MOD Boscombe Down, the aircraft has flown 1070 hours, suffered five bird-strikes, one lightning strike, consumed nine engines (with an average life of 122.33 hours each), and carried out over 864 sorties.

From a personal point of view it was a sad day - the Jag has always been one of my favourites, ever since first seeing them at Coltishall in the late 1970s - I hope one day we'll see one back in the air in civilian hands.

jagmad141.jpg