Revell Airbus A400M Testshots

Rob P

This is one very impressive looking kit!! Presumably the initial release will only contain decals for the prototypes with a later release featuring operational markings once the Grizzly has actually entered service? Reckon I'll wait until an RAF version is issued.

I think the name "Grizzly" was selected only for the 5 strong development/test fleet. I saw a news article recently about the 7th & final c-17 for the RAF & the A400 Atlas C1 was mentioned as being shortly to enter service. I think it's a safe bet the kit will probably contain military options as well as the prototype markings. Probably be little obvious difference between the prototype & production machines. Does look impressive doesn't it! :D Can't wait to get my hands on them!! :lol:

Looks really really nice, hopefully many other airforces will purchase so we can do loads of them in different schemes!

I very much doubt it'll ever have the success of the mighty Herc Bird which has been operated by over 70 airforces around the world (according to Wiki).

The A400 is still a lovely looking hauler though in my honest opinion!

hi all

were going to have a lot of fun with this kit over the years to come

i would like to say thanks to Revel

for takeing the risk and produceing such a large kit for the price

in these's difficult times

would love to see c5 or a c17 !!! in 1/72

now that would be just jaw dropping ?

iain

Nice, but I hope the wing to fuselage fit isn't as bad as it looks.

The build of the TEST SHOT looks great. Remember that test shots are just that to make sure that the model will fit together as planned. Some refining of the moulds (read tightening of fit tolerances) can still be carried out before final release.

Edited by TrojanThunder

It looks a winner, well looking forward to building this.

Not looking forward to finding room for it tho` :blink:

Something less essential may have to go to make room, like the cooker or the fridge or something.

I`d agree with TrojanThunder, for test shots the guys at RoG seem to have done a real nice job.

Cheers, Ian

First: Congratulations to Dieter Wiegmann for even being able to build the test shot... Good Job!

Second: To all the members that are happy, excited, enthusiastic about the A400M in general and the Revell model in particular, I say , Your Right.

Third: To all the members that are not happy, excited, enthusiastic about the A400M in general and the Revell model in particular, I say , Your Right.

Fourth: To those of us who don't give a fig ether way, I say, Your right.

because we know that if it's not a P-51, Spitfire or Me 109 it's no big deal any who.

p-51_2.gif

MODEL ON!!!

roll.gif

After seeing the built up model at Telford I can confirm that the new Airbus kit is massive and looks fantastic! I`m a Herk man myself and would love to build a modern, accurate model of my favourite transport aircraft but until that happens I`ll gladly get on with this monster! Revell did very well to keep it a secret for so long as it was a complete surprise when I saw it built up on the Revell stand. Apparently Revell Germany wanted to build the C-17 in 1/72nd scale but the American market demanded a 1/144th model instead?

Cheers

Tony O

Immense

That was my first thought when I saw it at Telford

Next was can I find somewhere to put it (sadly unlikely)

Next was is it really 1/72?

Because it is immense, with this being this huge I could visualise a 1/72 C17 too, just how impressive would a "ramp dio" be with a couple of each on it...

"P" slopes off to "simply dream"

Hats off to Revell

I did very well to keep it a secret for so long as it was a complete surprise when I saw it built up on the Revell stand. Apparently Revell Germany wanted to build the C-17 in 1/72nd scale but the American market demanded a 1/144th model instead?

Cheers

Tony O

Revell announced the A400M at the beginning of the year as part of their 2011 programme!

As for "should have been a Herc..." I dunno, I admire Revell for going the European route, nothing stopping Monogram doing one if there's such a big market out there for a Herc.