1/32 Hasegawa Luftwaffe F-104G

I wanted to share my latest build. I recently was bitten by the Starfighter bug and built the 1/32 Hasegawa kit with a few extra details. I painted with Xtracolor enamels and weathered (just a tad) with water colors and pastels. I have already gone to two large model expos with it, and the response has been more than I expected. People really like the F-104. Before anyone says "Ooooh you painted the seat pan the wrong color",yeah I know. I dont know what I was looking at when I painted it. Should'a been black. And the flaps should be up and brakes closed. Heard it all on ARC already. CCL. I built it for me and I had a blast doing it. Anyway here she is. Thanks for looking.

6098881122_9c32a9e66a.jpg5724293824_c5b57ed630.jpg

5724293718_4c519e337f.jpg6153735503_3c8a5410ea_z.jpg6153735749_26427b020d_b.jpg

6153735681_2bffcbc6f3_z.jpg

Edited by GForceSS
  • Like 1

Nevermind what anybody says, that is stunning!

What did you use to detail the seat, it looks amazing? I have got a Revell 1/32 Hunter in the stash and if I could get anywhere near close to this I will be well chuffed.

cheers

simon

Damn and blast! Just when I thought I'd made a good job of my F-104, along comes yours and puts mine in the shade. You do realize I'll have to build another one now, don't you? :worthy:

Seriously, though that is an excellent F-104. Which seat and underwing tanks did you use, by the way? :cheers:

Nevermind what anybody says, that is stunning!

What did you use to detail the seat, it looks amazing? I have got a Revell 1/32 Hunter in the stash and if I could get anywhere near close to this I will be well chuffed.

cheers

simon

6098881048_a61c10e388_z.jpg5724294208_4a81a7fa7f.jpg

Thank you all very much. I had a lot of fun building this kit. I cant say that about many models I have done as of late.

Simon R; . I used AMS Resins MB 7Q seat from Sprue Bros. I added just few wires to detail it. Everything detail wise you see is cast in. Just careful paint work is all it takes.

The underwing tanks on this build were ancient KMC models tanks I bought fifteen years ago, but PWMP models in Belguim sent me another set for my next 104 that I liked even more. Jean-Pierre van Regenmortel of PWMP is a great guy and helped me get this kit off the bench. He also made the practice bomb despenser seen below. Nice stuff!

6154278994_36da2b0e4e_z.jpg

6199632132_7814b3171f_z.jpg

Edited by GForceSS

6098881048_a61c10e388_z.jpg5724294208_4a81a7fa7f.jpg

How does anyone paint the yellow and black stripes on the ejection ring handles? I have always found this a right royal pain in the errr neck... I've never built anything in 1:32 though.

Edited by J.D.

How does anyone paint the yellow and black stripes on the ejection ring handles? I have always found this a right royal pain in the errr neck... I've never built anything in 1:32 though.

Easy way to do it is to get 2 lengths of thin wire,paint one yellow & the other black,when dry twist them together & dip in Kleer,then cut to length & shape.

It pretty easy. I paint the rings with gloss yellow. Let dry. Cut a 1 inch strip of desired width black decal film. Keep the ring soaked with Micro Set. And loop the decal several times around the rings. Quickly set the spacing until your liking the result and set with Micro Sol or Solva Set. When dry any wrinkles should disappear. I then give it a coat of Tamiya clear to protect it and lightly wash it with brown to dull it down. That's really it. Hope this helps.

Much appreciate the positive comments from everyone.

Thats how to do it...the way you thinks it should look, whats pleasing to you. Most of us never know the difference but appreciate the work involved.

Fantastic 104

What a beauty, by far the best F-104 model that I`ve ever seen and up there amongst the best models of any subject.......fantastic....it looks like a real one!!

All the best

Tony O