Revell Phantom & Harrier

dylan the rabbit

I have the Revell F-4F and it's real nice, though the nose is a bit off in profile.

Hasegawa is still makes the most accurate standard F-4s. If looking for a Brit variant, go with Fujimi's 72nd sclae line. They have some problems, but are nice and have actual cockpit detail to work with.

Hasegawa's newer tool/later mark Harrier is by far the best one in 72nd, though I am not sure how many British variants they do.

Mike V

The Revell F-4 is perfect kit also in prize, and realy is an shame there's only the German options to build. I read somewhere an review stating that the intakes could have been better, but once build you will not notice the differance. :speak_cool:

The Revell F-4 is perfect kit also in prize, and realy is an shame there's only the German options to build. I read somewhere an review stating that the intakes could have been better, but once build you will not notice the differance. :speak_cool:

Perfect, well no kit is that. It's very nice, but does have some shape issues. I really wish the would have done a better job on the nose, but it still builds up quite nice. Too bad they have not made anymore versions from the core sprues.

I do have the Harrier GR.5 which is the Ialeri version of the Harrier. What does the box art look like of this GR.7? I have not seen that here in the shops.

The Italeri kit is not as nice as Hasegawa and even worse is the cheesy canopy, which is non blown. One of the Harrier's most dominant characteristics is its large blown canopy, which is totally neglected in the Italeri kit. I am not sure if there is a vac repalcement, but it would not hurt to look around.

Mike V

Thanks guys.

I just ordered a 1/72nd Fujimi FG1 Phantom (Spey Phantoms of No. 111 Sq) from HLJ based on your recommendations.

I also ordered a 1/72nd Fine Molds X-Wing, both as Christmas presents to myself!

I gave the Harrier a swerve for now, but will look for one in the New Year.

Cheers,

Nick