The Garden Of Remembrance

Spence

superb work; I've also seen the real thing, a couple of years ago before the tossers with their aerosols got at it. shame. I think I am right in saying that of the 4 Panzers on 'roadside display' in the Ardennes, that this one still wears it's original paintwork. superb work sir. I'll do a quick piece with some pictures and details of the other 3, thanks for the inspiration, regards JD

Edited by modelmaker

Hi everyone - sorry for the late reply!!!

Thank you all so much for the kind words on my Panther diorama, I'm really pleased that you like it! The whole process was certainly a battle of wills at times, but now that it's done, I'm really happy with the completed piece!

superb work; I've also seen the real thing, a couple of years ago before the tossers with their aerosols got at it. shame. I think I am right in saying that of the 4 Panzers on 'roadside display' in the Ardennes, that this one still wears it's original paintwork. superb work sir. I'll do a quick piece with some pictures and details of the other 3, thanks for the inspiration, regards JD

Hey fella - actually, it's not in its original finish. This Panther G, No.111, was actually fully covered in Zimmerit during the war and was stripped bare right down to the metal after it was recovered from the river in which it had sunk during the Ardennes offensive. Almost everything that could be removed was (which is why almost all of the roadwheels are non-standard and fixed to the hull with steel rod, rather than on the suspension arms...), and then it was displayed in the main shopping street, a number of paint-jobs later and the addition of some wheels and tracks and it finally found its way into the garden that it is now displayed in.

I hope that this helps!

All the best - Spence :)

Hi everyone - sorry for the late reply!!!

Thank you all so much for the kind words on my Panther diorama, I'm really pleased that you like it! The whole process was certainly a battle of wills at times, but now that it's done, I'm really happy with the completed piece!

Hey fella - actually, it's not in its original finish. This Panther G, No.111, was actually fully covered in Zimmerit during the war and was stripped bare right down to the metal after it was recovered from the river in which it had sunk during the Ardennes offensive. Almost everything that could be removed was (which is why almost all of the roadwheels are non-standard and fixed to the hull with steel rod, rather than on the suspension arms...), and then it was displayed in the main shopping street, a number of paint-jobs later and the addition of some wheels and tracks and it finally found its way into the garden that it is now displayed in.

I hope that this helps!

All the best - Spence :)

Doh! I'll stick to aircraft! I had a sneaking feeling that if I was wrong someone would know, so thank you. I do love the Ardennes though. a very special; place. have you seen the Sherman at Wibrin? scary how thin a Sherman was. regards JD

Congratulations from Belgium!! To say that your work is a masterpiece would be such an understatement!! Congratulations!!

Thank you so much - I'm glad that you enjoyed seeing my slice of Belgium in miniature!

Spence :)