Sci Fi GB chat

Mark M

True Mark, but the science bit can trip people up,

for example

a WWII Avro lancaster Bomber painted in say Imperial Japanese colours might not qualify as sci-fi, but is certainly 'what if' BUT an Avro Vulcan Bomber painted up in the same with a story about how it hit a time vortex and ended up in Japan would :)i think thats the clarification don was asking about ;)

True Mark, but the science bit can trip people up,

for example

a WWII Avro lancaster Bomber painted in say Imperial Japanese colours might not qualify as sci-fi, but is certainly 'what if' BUT an Avro Vulcan Bomber painted up in the same with a story about how it hit a time vortex and ended up in Japan would :)i think thats the clarification don was asking about ;)

fair point i guess when you put it like that

ok, Wifs are included if they relates to what we all know as science fiction, i think on the original chat thread we made an example of a colonial viper in rouge sqn markings, so as long as its appropriate im happy, i know one member in the past has made a starwars spitfire and lancaster with all the appropriate mods not just paint, id be happy with that but and repainted spit with no mods prob not

the best thing i can surgest is tell us you plan either here or to me via PM and we can let you know

You could always try a Dr Who space-going Spitfire... ahem... propellers in space... :wall:

lol i thought about that as i was posting, it would have to be modelled in a bubble, maybe a hamster ball

It was a joke actually. Never mind though.

If I HAD been serious I'd have meant "Can I write my own Sci Fi story and then build something to fit it?"

I have no plans to do this, by the way, I'm just rambling on a bit.

Edited by per ardua ad ostentationem

... "Can I write my own Sci Fi story and then build something to fit it?" ...

Blimey! All those GBs on the go at the same time and now you want to write a story! I reckon you've got a time vortex of your own (or have you converted your armchair into an H.G. Wells Time Machine? I wouldn't put it past you). :D

Andy

i know one member in the past has made a starwars spitfire and lancaster with all the appropriate mods not just paint,

Thanks for the heads up buddy!! I have plans for a whole Star Wars fleet based on WWII aircraft, might even try to sneak one in here but will definitely be doing a couple in the next Whif GB!

Unfortunately the Lancaster Falcon did not survive the house move so I may have to do that one again.

Kallisti,

It works fairly simple, take a WWII plane modify it slightly for space travel, paint it in the appropriate scheme and there you have it.

Build threads for X-fire and Lancaster Falcon.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51438

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53442

Cheers,

Warren

Blimey! All those GBs on the go at the same time and now you want to write a story! I reckon you've got a time vortex of your own (or have you converted your armchair into an H.G. Wells Time Machine? I wouldn't put it past you). :D

Andy

Actually mate, it's all gone horribly wrong here. All I seem able to do is look at other's work and have big ideas without actually making anything solid for a couple of weeks now. Diagnosis - catastrophic loss of mojo.

(I'm only building in the Pacific War GB anyway; just talking about some others.)

Edited by per ardua ad ostentationem

This isn't a GB entry, just a curiosity. My son made these sci-fi, horror models from confectioner's chocolate. It's building up into a Halloween cake.

The paint is food colouring in powder form, mixed with food grade alcohol. Once the alcohol evaporates the powder is deposited exactly where he wants it. That method may work with modelling pigments too.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

What do you think?

Hey all...

Just wanted to say Hi and to say that I posted on the 'Future GB' thread for this GB a few months ago saying that I hope to do the Battlestar Galactica, as I'm hoping to make it for a mate of mine. Well, now that the GB has started, I *still* hope to join with the Galactica. I just have to buy the bloody thing first! :) And I'm looking for the decals / PE sets as well. If I'm right, this GB goes on 'til the end of Feb, so everything going to plan ( and when does that happen? ) I'll have plenty of time to get all the bits and pieces and join the GB. Thanks!

J.

• 3 weeks later...

cool!

just to let you know guys, firstly im sorry ive not been around alot, got a lot of personal stuff going on at the moment, but unfortunalty i wont be back online properly for over a week