Sci Fi GB chat

Mark M

Hi all.

My apologies for my late arrival here as co-host. The start of the GB coincided with a lot of other problems which had to be sorted, and trying to get a new Broadband line into my new home turned out to be remarkably difficult. I'll also be putting together some prizes for the GB in the coming weeks. Very many thanks to mrvr6 and Mark Marples for their work in keeping this GB going.

Just been looking down the group build treads, there's a great range of subjects there now. I think most of the seminal big films & TV series are covered and there's a broad range of approaches and techniques being used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question, reading the rules I see rockets, probes and space shuttles are potentially allowed. How about a Mercury Redstone rocket? Reason I ask is I just picked up the new Dragon 1/72 kit and fancy doing it as Al Shephard's Freedom Seven. But, could I fit it in even if it is technically more science fact than SF? Some might think Al was a Super Hero. ;) Or I suppose I could enter it on the basis that the movie "The Right Stuff" probably had just as much fiction in it as fact.

Anyone?

Question, reading the rules I see rockets, probes and space shuttles are potentially allowed. How about a Mercury Redstone rocket? Reason I ask is I just picked up the new Dragon 1/72 kit and fancy doing it as Al Shephard's Freedom Seven. But, could I fit it in even if it is technically more science fact than SF? Some might think Al was a Super Hero. ;) Or I suppose I could enter it on the basis that the movie "The Right Stuff" probably had just as much fiction in it as fact.

Anyone?

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78612

I don't see why not - in the introduction linked here it makes factual Rocketry entirely in keeping with the GB.

If you want to do the build, please go ahead - I'd be interested to see details of the kit.

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't know this was on, or I'd have joined it sooner.

Do you guys mind if I throw in my Eta 2 interceptor?

I've already put up a thread in Sci-Fi....

Hiya Gibbs.

Your model is finished and it's really a group 'build' - showing the assembly stages as they progress. Sorry on this occasion but you can still get a new one started and finished tho'. Nearly two weeks to get one into the mix! You'd be perfectly welcome?

• 2 weeks later...