Chuck Yeager's P-51

dhtmo

Lots have been printed. You might try Hannants ? Scour through thier 1/48 P-51 sets, you might find one by anyone of the many decal producesr. Barracuda comes to mind. Good Luck.

ps You might also want to ask here in the Wanted column or look at 'the Bank' for decals you never know!

Edited by Paul J

Lots have been printed. You might try Hannants ? Scour through thier 1/48 P-51 sets, you might find one by anyone of the many decal producesr. Barracuda comes to mind. Good Luck.

ps You might also want to ask here in the Wanted column or look at 'the Bank' for decals you never know!

cheers Paul, we'll do.

Dave

I'm going to be building 'Glamourus Glen' (misspelt on the aircraft) for the P-51 STGB. I'm using Tally Ho decals I got from hannants. Which of Chuck Yeager's P-51s are you planning to build?

The one I'm building is his first mount, a P-51B.

Source Fine Scale Modeller - May 2001.

Has an article on Glamorous Glen III Yeager's NMF P-51D at about Nov 1944 (12 kills).

1/72 AeroMaster 72-006.

1/48 AeroMaster 48-016

Considered doing this 'plane in 72nd, but was told that the decals are really rare

Has an article on Glamorous Glen III Yeager's NMF P-51D at about Nov 1944 (12 kills).

1/72 AeroMaster 72-006.

1/48 AeroMaster 48-016

Considered doing this 'plane in 72nd, but was told that the decals are really rare

I probably have the 1/72 set

1/72 AeroMaster 72-006.

1/48 AeroMaster 48-016

If you can get the Tamiya 1/72nd issue for the '8th Air Force' issue with Big Beautiful Doll on the box top, then you'll find Glamorous Glen on the decal sheet too with Old Crow as well!!

Edited by Paul J

Repli-Scale #48-5059 has "Old Crow" and 48-5058 has "Glamorous Glen III".

These decal sheet were part of a series on 'The Yoxford Boys'

In 1/72 scale "Glamorous Glen III". is on Repli-Scale #72-1058 - I also have this one for sale.

I believe there were six sheets in the1/48 series.

I have #2 through #6 for sale if anyone is interested.

Contact at: wpower_at_bellsouth_net

Bill

Columbus, GA

Edited by wpower

• 4 weeks later...
Repli-Scale #48-5059 has "Old Crow" and 48-5058 has "Glamorous Glen III".

These decal sheet were part of a series on 'The Yoxford Boys'

In 1/72 scale "Glamorous Glen III". is on Repli-Scale #72-1058 - I also have this one for sale.

I believe there were six sheets in the1/48 series.

I have #2 through #6 for sale if anyone is interested.

Contact at: wpower_at_bellsouth_net

Bill

Columbus, GA

If you are looking for decals of any airplane you will get it from Peddinghaus in Germany. http://www.peddinghaus-decals.de/

If you send them a foto or a profile by mail, they will make decals whatever you want. The costs of this decals are about 10 € in 1/72 and 1/48 and about 15 € in 1/32.

If you are looking for decals of any airplane you will get it from Peddinghaus in Germany. http://www.peddinghaus-decals.de/

If you send them a foto or a profile by mail, they will make decals whatever you want. The costs of this decals are about 10 € in 1/72 and 1/48 and about 15 € in 1/32.

Very impressive! Luftwaffe buffs in particular should scroll through the aircraft pages for your favourite scale. Lots of 109's, 190's, 262's, and so on in the 6 pages of 1/72 aircraft that I took a quick look at. Thanks for the link!

John