Airfix Vulcan

cjhm

So back to the topic at hand.... how come we have a set of custom PE panel scribing templates for the Heller Mirage IV but not for the Airfix Vulcan???!!??? If ever there was an airplane that begged for such a product, I'd say the big wide expanses of the Vulcan's wing/fuselage is it!

I'm up for doing the artwork if someone knows a manufacturer willing to take it on. Actually, it wouldn't even need to be that huge, since the majority of the lines are straight. But all the access panels on the belly, etc would benefit from some PE scribing template help.

:)

J

I am with you on this. I am still terrible at rescribing, but, a template couldn't hurt! Well, knowing how much a klutz I am, perhaps it could.

But yes, a good template would help.

Hi Don,

if i may say, excellent build of the Sea Vixen. :clap2:

Just to put my HUGE wooden spoon into the mix, on a slightly different topic!!! :wicked:

Interesting! Which make?

Nissan? (built in Sunderland, Oh, and owned by Citroen - Peugeot - Renault group!)

Honda? (bodies built in Swindon? engines built in Wales [and, i'm reliably informed, the only car now built with the use of 'feeler' gauges])

Toyota? (built at Burnaston, [just south of Derby] with 80% of production being exported back to Japan. Just how bad is U.K. build quality?!)

Never happen, two totally disparate marketing systems.

Tamiya go to town on the 'uber' kits, and unless it's in the vein of the 1/32nd Spitfire (Mk. VIII. IX and XVI) you wait years between releases.

Also the bulk of their revenue will be from the R/C side of the business.

Hasegawa, or their importers, would kill the brand stone dead. (had a look at this weeks Hannants 'hot sheets?)

Just wanted to point out that things 'aint always as bad as they may appear, and not as 'black and white' either! :thumbsup:

Paul

Just a quick correction from a Nissan owner. Nissan UK are based (and made) in Washington, Tyne + Wear, NOT Sunderland. Nissan are 43% owned by Renault and Nissan own 15% of Renault. Citroen and Peugoet are the PSA group and have nothing to do with Nissan. Nissan make cars like the 350Z, 370Z and GTR amongst others, in their factory in Japan so are still regarded as a Japanese manufacturer. Nissan sports cars are my favourite cars :)

thanks

Mike

PS - Being a Newcastle fan, the distinction between Washington and Sunderland is of vital importance to me!

Edited by Mikemx