Anigrand 1/144 Nimrod AEW.3

Very cool build, how did you find the kit, any issues?

It wasn't too bad. A few minor issues, it had the window configuration for a normal Nimrod so some had to be filled in and one of the undercarriage legs was slightly bent and the wheels don't quite sit on the ground on the starboard side.

• 6 months later...

Lovely looking build and collection there.  I still have the AEW.3 on my wants list but have all the others, still to be built though.  It's nice to know of another Anigrand enthusiast.

Mike

13 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Managed to miss this one when you first posted it, nicely done. :thumbsup:

I am about to attempt a 1/72 version soon

Where did you get the conversion kit?

On 20/01/2018 at 04:23, Jo NZ said:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's DB3 - the trials aircraft. Brings back a lot of memories....

Me too, I remember XZ285 and XZ286 in particular being daily regulars in the Woodford circuit. Full power take offs over school drowning out the monotonous lessons!

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Me too, I remember XZ285 and XZ286 in particular being daily regulars in the Woodford circuit. Full power take offs over school drowning out the monotonous lessons!

I worked on the avionics design - mainly the transmitter.  Never saw one take off, only in bits in the hanger.

On 1/24/2018 at 3:39 AM, bianfuxia said:

Great job! I've been slowly, very slowly, building the MR2 Nimrod by Anigrand. Built all three of the little bonus kits. Did you make yours?

Yeah, I made mine about 7 years ago now - haven't bought the MR2 yet.