What standard do you need to be to take part?

tinytuco

Hi guys..

Been looking through the group build sections for a while now and would love to take part in one of them..

Wondering what sort of standard of modelling would be expected of me before i join in .. Is there anything i need to do or "prove" beforehand?

The term "group build" was completely alien to me 4/5 months ago (thats how long I have been modelling) so excuse me if im asking some really noob questions....

As above, I'm new to modelling - but not completely useless - but miles behind most of you guys.... Don't wanna embarass myself!!!!

My kit would no doubt be the worst in the build!!!!

Think taking part in one of these things may really improve my skills....

Later

Tuco :winkgrin:

Edited by tinytuco

Greetings Tuco, a big welcome from me! :post1:

I really enjoy gawping in awe at all the mastery that gets shown on here & it is all very inspiring, but don't let that set your standards!

I'm sure that people on here would generally love to see any of your work on here and to the most part are very kind in criticisms, mostly helpful and constructive. Myself, I'm just too lazy to go linking all my build pics to posts as i would rather crack on with my plastic fettling.

All the best, and look forward to seeing your work!

Martin

Hi Tuco and :welcome:

The guys have just about said it. The standard is what you set yourself. Some people (like me) are always striving to learn from others and making each build that tiny bit better than the last, some are happy to build and have fun and then there's the genius' who turn out a great build in 24 hours :)

I like the GBs as I can see how other people are assembling and painting and I can pick up tips from them. I think one of the reasons my builds got better with time was because of the GBs.

So pick a GB that interests you and join in, there will be plenty of people to help and give guidance if you ask.

Hi Tuco. :welcome:

We have a rather exacting standard. The standard is that you must enjoy yourself while building a model. It's The Law. :D

If you enjoy your build then you have met the standard. If you enjoy it and think to yourself "Well, I learned something new" then you have exceeded the standard.

So choose a groupbuild, pick yourself a kit and jump right in. You know you want to... :)

Hi Tuco, As far as a building standard... well... they let me join so I assume it's pretty low :P

As for the rest... Enzo said it best

We have a rather exacting standard. The standard is that you must enjoy yourself while building a model. It's The Law. :D

This Law is immutable. There will be no exceptions. It is set in plasticard stone, fixed with clear resin and coated with Klear. And if you don't enjoy yourself... well... try another kit? Maybe another GB? Show us your recent work in Ready for Inspection?

Thanks for the replies and positivity..

I posted a reply in the Mustang group build thread that starts in December yesterday..

Not heard anything yet but (hopefully if they will have me) looking forward to it

All the best

Tuco :winkgrin:

Got your post and your in look forward to seeing your Mustang.

wellzy :headphones:

there are no standards except those provide by Hamilton.....

just have fun and enjoy, dont be shy and remember the only stupid question is the one that never got asked :)