Canberra export variants

Nev

I just ask cos of the bewlidering array of export variants, which often appear to be the same type, but given a different designation for each export customer :doh:

Just need to know which variant I need to build the Indian one I have decals for.

I just ask cos of the bewlidering array of export variants, which often appear to be the same type, but given a different designation for each export customer :doh:

Just need to know which variant I need to build the Indian one I have decals for.

Which Indian one?

IIRc they had Bombers which were the equivalent of B(I)8s, PR aircraft the equivalent of PR7s and Ts equal to T4s

Then I remembered Wiki!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Elect...nberra#Variants

which says they also had 10 B(I) 6s

Edited by Dave Fleming

Indian Canberra marks were:

Canberra T4

Canberra PR57 - new build - based on the RAF's PR7

Canberra B(I)58 - new build - based on the RAF's B(I)8

Canberra B(I)66 - refurbushed RAF B15s and B16s

Canberra PR67 - refurbished RAF PR7s

Canberra TT418 - refurbished T4s - used as Target Tugs

They also purchased ten time expired aircraft from New Zealand: 8 B(I)12s and 2 T13s perhaps unsurprisingly these were also modifications of the B(I)8 and T4 respectively.

Source: English Electric Canberra by Ken Delve, Peter Green and John Clemons, published by Midlands Counties Publications

Edited by Richard E

Nev, IMHO one of the most striking Indian schemes is a B(i) 58 on Target towing duties.....underneath is diagonal Black/Yellow stripes as RAF/RN but top surface is Orange....and Model Allinace cover this option off on one of their sheets.

would make a fantastic looking kit