1/700 Kamikawa maru seaplane tender...

sunshine coast

The other meaning I've seen attached to maru is chubby, clearly related to the round interpretation. It is used because warships are lean and slim, whereas merchantment are wide and not slim!

There's a useful thread on Model warships that deals with Japanese merchantmen and auxiliaries.

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewt...=51&t=39282

Motoyuki-san has also published two books on the subject, which are full of mouthwatering subjects, although several of them have now started appearing in injection moulded plastic and in resin - Niko have a number of nice subjects but for something a little smaller Loose Cannon do a set of "mini-marus". Rayden has just issued a small double kit of the Kinusake, but the problem with these kits is that they depend quite a lot on etched brass for the smaller detail, so you may be better sticking to Fujimi, Hasegawa and Pit Road (Skywave).

Edited by Graham Boak

• 1 month later...

I am calling this one finished ....I have finished the seaplanes and added the decals ..2 piece decals in this scale... :wacko: ..fiddly or what !!

did a bit of rigging ..but I have been having Chemotherapy for the last 4 months and one othe side effects is a loss of feeling in the finger tips ...not good for a modeller ...so I shall come back to the rigging at a later date when I am back to normal later in the new year ...

final pictures will be in the gallery tonight ..

thanks for the encouragement on the way .. :speak_cool:

this forum has been a great help in giving me a focus and some goals to achieve..

Regards to all ...Trevor .. :D