Revell 1/72 Hunter

hatchet

Yup, that's the new boxing with the FGA.9 and F.58 parts included, I'm just glad, looking at the specs, that they've included the 230 AND 100 gallon tanks. I had feared that including the 230's would mean losing the 100's from the F.6. Glad to be proved wrong. I have four on pre-order already!

Hi Martin

The FGA.9 is on the way, I have the current Mk 6 release that has the new exhaust pieces to make a 9, so all they need is a new box and decals. If you want a 9 now you could buy one form me as it has all the pieces but you will need appropriate decals.

Ali

Hi Martin

The FGA.9 is on the way, I have the current Mk 6 release that has the new exhaust pieces to make a 9, so all they need is a new box and decals. If you want a 9 now you could buy one form me as it has all the pieces but you will need appropriate decals.

Ali

Thanks Ali, it was more a question of informing the Hunter-fan(atic)s, as I couldn't recall having heard about an FGA.9 boxing before. I might get one later.

Are the 100gal tanks the same as the Harriers used? Or were they 100-and-then-some gal?

:viking:

Are the 100gal tanks the same as the Harriers used? Or were they 100-and-then-some gal?

:viking:

In theory I beleive they are the same as the Harrier tanks.

Good to see the F58 fit includes the extra RWR - hopefully make modelling the HHA aircraft easier!

I like the 'several' options for colour schemes as well!

XF418 is indeed an F6A and one which was completed to full FGA9 standard so it has the blisters on the wing upper surfaces. Revell's display model at SMW was in the colours shown so it must be one of the options in the new kit decal sheet. Thankfully they also got the colours right and correctly depicted the red trim rather than the dayglow orange seen on the Corgi diecast kit, and wrongly quoted in the Warpaint Hunter book!

In theory I beleive they are the same as the Harrier tanks.

Good to see the F58 fit includes the extra RWR - hopefully make modelling the HHA aircraft easier!

I like the 'several' options for colour schemes as well!

Hi Dave,

The only problem I can see is that the Swiss Hunters carried the unique 150 gallon tanks, not the standard 230 ones carried by the F6A, FGA9 etc. I know PJ Productions do a Swiss Hunter update but this would be a pity if true, on the part of Revell, not to have included the 150 tanks.

Andrew

XF418 is indeed an F6A and one which was completed to full FGA9 standard so it has the blisters on the wing upper surfaces.

But then all F.6As had blisters (the ERUs) on the upper wing surfaces. The uprated wing was one of the things (along with the brake chute, extra oxygen bottle and a few other bits and bobs) that made them F.6As rather than F.6s. They retained the Avon 203 engine (rather than the FGA.9s 207) however and didn't get the cabin air conditioning mods which went into the FGA.9 so were never up to full Mk.9 standard.

Externally they were identical (apart from some aerial differences) to the FGA.9 so "hat's off" to Revell for including the option I say. :thumbsup2:

Hi Martin

Ali

It doesn't have the 230 Gallon tanks though Ali, or does it?

But then all F.6As had blisters (the ERUs) on the upper wing surfaces.

Er... well technically yes but Hunters are a minefield and there are exceptions to just about every subtype it seems. Plus, there's the grey area where you have to distinguish between the F6A and the F6 interim conversions. The more Hunters I investigate, the more bewildering it becomes! A photo of the one you're modelling is a must methinks!

Does anyone think Decal would be ok for the oblique cameras on a 1/72 hunter FR10, i could drill out the nose for the forward faceing camera and slip some clear rod in, or would i get a better effect from a resin bit that to be honest is a bit expensive. Also has anyone used the Pavla prototype resin set to build an early mark hunter.