Rodens new DH4

Repainted

Hi stringbaggers

I recent got the new Dh 4 from Roden in my mail. I´ll must give Roden credir, do the kits just get better and better.I promised that I´ll build this almost out of box for the Swedish Dist.so this will be just to let him know that this one will go together without no big problem.

So I´m giving you i chance to get a warm up to know whats in the box when you can get them from you local shops

Bild005.jpg

Bild003.jpg

Bild001.jpg

There will be more

Larsa

• Like 1

Hi Stringbaggers

First pics off the office with paints in it. Everything got it´s first coats off Humbrols grey 64.After some light sanding i used Humbrol sand brown for the inside off the fuselage. The wood is done with oilpaints. The tank is painted in Alclad aluminium. All blacksilve is a mix of Humbrol silver and gloss black.

There is more coming your way soon

Bild014.jpg

Larsa

Hi Stringbaggers

The fuselage is together and some plastic strips are glued to the inside to strengthen the sides up a little. There is some tiny sinkmarks on the outside off the fuselage around the cockpit. This has been taken care of with some tiny filler.

I did leave the controlstick out of the gunner position. I don´t know if that’s correct..

So far in this build it’s just another Roden, You have to dryfit, sand and dryfit every part. This is no problem when you get use to Rodens kit.

Bild022.jpg

Bild021.jpg

Bild028.jpg

Regards

Larsa

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here’s the DH4 so far, for the moment I'm putting some new wickers from Parts etch together for this one and there still is some bits and pieces to add. Planning to use some of the bits from Parts etch for the Bristol Fighter as the gunring ect. Next big thing is preparing the wings for rigging. Tiny loops is been made from thin metalwire 0,15mm, these will be glued into the wings and the flexible thread will bee tied thru it. Some Q-tips will be hotstretched to tiny tubes, these will be used as buckles.

Comment’s and critics are welcome

Bild047.jpg

Bild048.jpg

Bild049.jpg

Bild050.jpg

Cheers

Larsa

Very nice build so far. That Roden kit sure looks a lot better then my Aurora build of a few months ago (but that was for fun) . Got the Roden kit already on my stash and will do theirs within some time.

Anyway, I do get a feeling we both got a different approach to PC10. It looks very light to me, or is their more paintwork to be done?

Cheers, Nico

Edited by Nico Teunissen

Hi Nico, long time

I liked your old Aurora and will try to use your pics as riggingguide, I have no references on this one you see. Yes my version off PC 10 is a bit off lighter shade than yours. I´ll mixed Humbrols 83, 30,70 and 35. On this one I didn’t put enough 70 into the mix, that’s make it more green, less brown green.

I read somewhere that you mixed the green with black that might work, but these PC10 or 12 are just a mindstruggel. I’ll never seen a guy who could convince me that the whole build is a disaster because the PC10 is too….

Larsa

I got the Vickers done yesterday for the bird. Parts etch S48-100.The kitVickers at the bottom, nows the Lewisring from the Bristol Fighter set from Part will do the uppergunner place to a gem..

Bild057.jpg

There´s more to come from my bench lads

Larsa

Hi folks

Today I´ve got the topwing in place so now it looks like an airplane. This marks the halfway thru the build often so from here it’s all downhill. Tiny loop have been glued in place for all buckles, think I'm used up 50 loops in total, another 6-7 went out on the floor so if you need any your welcome home to my workshop and start searching. That’s archaeology man.

Bild087.jpg

Bild088.jpg

So from her all small bits as controlhorns will go on a then it’s time for the rigg. I’ll use Gold-Zack flexible thread and hotstretched Q-tips for the wires. The Scarf ring comes from Parts Bristol Fighter etch. Bild075.jpg

This ring easy outdo the kititem

For this time

Cheers

Larsa

Larsa

WOW that is coming along great!! I am a closet stringbag lover myself!!! The Photo Etch work looks superb!!!

Mike

Thanks Mike

All kinds of comments is useful :analintruder:

Four days of rigging and I'm not close to the finish. I'm using elastic thread and hot stretched Q-tips for wires on this one. Yes Bob for the next project I'm ordering from you. I haven’t forgotten you, just working late nights here.

I must say that this model has had me busy for nine weeks now and that’s fast build for me.I´m trying to get this one finished next week, so I can jump right in the next project.wats next? Yes another Roden.

'

Bild112.jpg

Bild110.jpg

Bild108.jpg

Cheers

Larsa

• Like 1

Nice job!

What did you use for the turnbuckles>? And,... shouldn't there be rigging between the inner struts (side view)?

Cheers, Nico

Hi Nico

The turnbuckles are Q-tips hotstretched over an elstic thread. I don´t know if there will be rigged between the inner stuts, can´t find any good references on that. So I´ll still searching photo´s of this bird.

Tank´s for your comments Nico

Larsa

Hi Folks

Now I have glued the last piece on the DH4. Yes it’s over for this time. I must recommend this kit to all of you guys, it’s a gem all the way. Here´s the pics 4 you. Hope you like it, I did, or do.

Let the pics talk for them self

Larsa

Bild118.jpg

Bild120.jpg

Bild121.jpg

Bild125.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got this model in hand about 2 months ago, but have spent the time since in the hospital & a nursing facility getting treated for infection after a heart surgery operation. What a great build article; I will use it to guide me when I build mine. THANKS a lot for posting it. Carl Thurston :speak_cool: